Total Elevation Gain (Read 511 times)

Run Wild

Is there any way to display elevation gain/loss for splits and the total?  This info would be very useful for ultra runners.  Thanks.

I don't know about online, but my Polar and Sporttracks software both display accumulated elevation from hrm or gps. And I'm sure there's other software. Data are more reliable with barometric altimeter. (FR305 is known to create hills where they don't exist, esp. in rolling terrain.)

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Is there any way to display elevation gain/loss for splits and the total?  This info would be very useful for ultra runners.  Thanks.

Look at your map. The total is at the bottom.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I"m not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can see an elevation graph of your workout.

Go to the workout, then select the MAP tab on the top.  There you can see your route (if you used a gps).  Underneath your route is the elevation graph.  The default uses the GPS data which typically sucks.  You can click on the Toggle/Resample elevation tab which uses topographic info (I think) and seems much more accurate.  It's not perfect but gives a decent representation of your run.

For example, your 10.7 mile Ice age trail run last night shows +1761'/-1759', then changes to +1245/-1243.

I don't know why it's sunny at 11:12 PM.

Run Wild

Imagine that?!  I've been using this site for three years now and this is the first time I saw that.  Thanks!

As for sunny at 11:12 PM, the times don't ever translate quite right.  That should have been 5:12 PM.  Which here in WI means that i had about 30 minutes of twilight this time of year.  And, I don't mean 30 minutes of that crappy movie!  Sunny is just a bit optimistic I suppose!