Monkey shenanigans (Read 2100 times)

Kalsarikännit

Aw, shucks.  I have mentioned it many times before, but it was an amazing experience to get to run under a full moon in a  beautiful setting.  I turned my headlamp off and ran in the quiet (except for the sounds coming from the monkeys).

I am disappointed that I didn't do MSFR  It was my intention the whole time, but I wimped out in the end.  I'm bummed.  MSFR was such a good idea.  Drinking and running.  Can't beat that.

SRL, as usual, was a rockstar.  (And he was resplendent in pink.)  I didn't realize he doubled the MSFR.  That is awesome.  It made me happy to see Ennay out there, running in Skootr, and I was run in by A1.

I will definitely be doing Dark Monkey next year.  It would be nice to have the full moon again.  It looks to be on Nov 10, 2011.  That's means we will have to hold Monkey on a Thursday.  I hope that works out for everyone.  Wink

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

And the reason that SRL didn't do Dark Monkey?  He is doing four marathons in four days this weekend.  Crazy.

Dark monkey it is for next year, just stash a couple of Gatorades around the course.  Then I don't have to worry about making the registration in the first 10 minutes or so that it will probably close in, and hopefully can do MSFR, need to train those beer drinking muscles. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

• To run Dark Monkey, you have to Double Monkey.
          • To Double Monkey, you have to Monkey. 
          • To Monkey, you have to register.

2 monutes.

The important things are the shirts.   The 200 runner limit applies does not apply to that right? (if there is a black market registration process. wink).  Just thinking of a way to get a couple more runners into  this stupidity.

And the reason that SRL didn't do Dark Monkey?  He is doing four marathons in four days this weekend.  Crazy.

I believe SRL refers to this as Quadzilla.  Run for your lives, the soldiers cannot stop Quadzilla!

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I believe SRL refers to this as Quadzilla.  Run for your lives, the soldiers cannot stop Quadzilla!

How come my eyes saw the word Quesadilla?

2 monutes.

What is a monute?

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

I need to mention that I only have one criticism of Monkey.  Trent kept using the phrase "fluid stations".

Ew.

Slice

I don't see how y'all ran the Monkey and survived- hills and monkey attacks, oh my! That course is brutal. You've all gone mad.   [and I hope someday I am capable of running it with you]

I dragged DH out to bike about 6 miles of the Monkey course and I thought he was going to kill me. Or have a heart attack. Maybe both. He can't understand why anyone wants to run the Monkey.

WrigleyGirl - WOW!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Mr Play

Impressive on all accounts - wow!

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Thanks to SRL for comming out to find my Lost,Slow, Broken Ass.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

xor

Nobody who finishes monkey is lost (though he/she might have been at some point during, but Doug wasn't) slow or (hopefully) broken.

WOOHOO!

I am starting Quadzilla tomorrow.  A couple other Monkey attendees (Matt... the first dude I ran in... and Betsy) are too. They don't post on RA but some of you met them.

Quadzilla is 4 in 4 days.  I didn't create the name.  That honor goes to local superstar running veterinarian and friend Annie Thiessen, who won 9 marathons in 2008 and has won 30+ total.

I will consider Dark Monkey for next year.  Hopefully I can pre-order warm weather again.

Oh.  A monute is a very small Jamaican man.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That *was* a gorgeous full moon for night running. I was hoping you got clear skies for it like I did. Bravo and well done, o crazy tough one.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MrH

What is a monute?

One 60th of an hiur.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.