Then and Now PRs? (Read 756 times)

Maybe this has already been discussed, or maybe too few people would even use it...But would it be possible to have 2 sections for PRs? In other words, I have listed PRs from 20 years ago (due to the fact that I'll never get those times again...), but I would also like to list recent PRs just to stay in the realm of reality. Is there already a way to do this?

Go Pre!

You can create a race, call it OLD 5K PR and list the distance as 5.01KM. It will show up...see my PRs as an example.
        Or you could check the "Exclude from PR" box on the old races. They would still show up in the list, but your more recent races would show up as the "PR".

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

va

I don't think there is a way to do this now, but this could be a good feature - Age Group PRs. With this feature PRs would be categorized and displayed by the standard age groups (e.g., 20-24, 25-29, ...). I supposed some people would not be interested in age grouping, so it could be an option that you either enable or not.
          eric :)

TanyaS, You can't do that right now but I have plans to put in PR calculation based on age grouping. Would every 10 years be sufficient or do we want it to be more fine grained, like every 5 years? Or do we want PRs for every decade/5 years of your life listed? I probably shouldn't have mentioned all these choices Big grin eric Smile
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm actually planning to restart my PRs each year, to have a fresh new slate, and to avoid a losing battle competing with a younger self.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TanyaS, You can't do that right now but I have plans to put in PR calculation based on age grouping. Would every 10 years be sufficient or do we want it to be more fine grained, like every 5 years? Or do we want PRs for every decade/5 years of your life listed? I probably shouldn't have mentioned all these choices Big grin eric Smile
                I think that decade of life would probably be fine. Or, just put a list at the top of the screen that you can choose and have it calculate it based on your choice, so you can view all of your PRs in different ways. Put something in the options to let you choose your default. Big grin

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I think that decade of life would probably be fine. Or, just put a list at the top of the screen that you can choose and have it calculate it based on your choice, so you can view all of your PRs in different ways. Put something in the options to let you choose your default. Big grin
                  I think offering the choice is the best way. I would probably usually prefer 5-year or 10-year groups, but occasionally will want to see it by year.

sean

Thanks, Eric. Every 10 years would be fine with me. That would be great!