The Gym is a Freak Show (Read 1287 times)

Which is why I have a home gym.

yeah. better thing to do, at the same time easy to access anytime we want.

but sometimes, going to gym is quite fun as you can see different people including those "weird" ones.

we should prioritize our health and body. my site

Half Fanatic #846

I went to the school gym the other morning for the first time in quite a while, to run on the treadmill for an hour. There were three TMs with a good view of the entire workout area, and I picked the middle one (the one with the most "give" in the footboard).

During my run, three guys in their twenties came in to the gym at separate times, got on a treadmill next to me at different times, each jogged for about ten minutes or maybe a mile at most, all wearing long pants and a jacket or hoodie (one wore a hat also), then left the gym without using any other equipment.  WTH?  I thought well, maybe they're trying to "sweat the weight off", then realized they were all fairly trim, so maybe it was just a really cool thing to do and maybe a social statement of some sort, or a new fad I'm unaware of yet...

And, when I first got to the gym there was a person I noticed walking around touching, sitting on, leaning against, and looking at all the equipment not being used - all by himself and never talking to anyone the entire time I was there.

Weird.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

And, when I first got to the gym there was a person I noticed walking around touching, sitting on, leaning against, and looking at all the equipment not being used - all by himself and never talking to anyone the entire time I was there.

Weird.

As long as he wasn't touching himself.

i've been rattling my brain & can't think of any examples. so by process of elimination...I'm the freak!

in hindsight, it explains all the stares, giggles and whispers (and that's just from the Gym Staff).

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Hoodoo Guru

or for that I'm Just so Tousled and Windblown and Carefree! look.

I LOVE that look on women.

The tangents are moot.

Maybe he's an exercise-equipment faith healer.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

jojo61397

The one that cracked me up the most was the lady blow drying her hooha.

I don't go to a gym much.  Benefit of Florida.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                Sub- 1:45 hour half.

I don't go to a gym much.  Benefit of Florida.

Floridians don't need upper body strength?

jojo61397

I do women's only cross fit free on base, and they don't have the regular gym freaks, and we mainly dex exercises that can be done at home.

Floridians don't need upper body strength?

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

ilp

In the winter, people probably think I'm the freak. I'm a dude that is doing foam rolling & stretches while in tights and a compression long sleeve, usually dripping with sweat, with a red face, after running outside at lunch. The piriformis stretch is probably a highlight. Don't care enough to wear shorts over my tights--sorry all the other guys!

while in tights and a compression long sleeve,

Yes, that would get you there IMO.

beachrun

The stupid gym has these stupid mirrors that I can see how skinny my legs are in.  I should wear sweat pants.  Stupid gym.

Dream Maker

I went on the treadmill so I could chat with a friend.  My friend eventually texted me she was in the parking lot and there were empty treadmills around just no others with two together (I hopped from treadmill to treadmill as people got off trying to get two together and people kept choosing the ones next to me instead of the other empty ones), so I put my water bottle on the one next to me and an elderly woman started getting on to walk and I said, "Hey, my friend is coming would you mind going to one of the empty treadmills?"

And she glared at me.

And  instead of just saying no, she told on me for saving a treadmill.

And I got scolded.

She's not a freak... but I wanted a chance to bitch too.

I went on the treadmill so I could chat with a friend.  My friend eventually texted me she was in the parking lot and there were empty treadmills around just no others with two together (I hopped from treadmill to treadmill as people got off trying to get two together and people kept choosing the ones next to me instead of the other empty ones), so I put my water bottle on the one next to me and an elderly woman started getting on to walk and I said, "Hey, my friend is coming would you mind going to one of the empty treadmills?"

And she glared at me.

And  instead of just saying no, she told on me for saving a treadmill.

And I got scolded.

She's not a freak... but I wanted a chance to bitch too.

Sorry to rain on your bitch parade, I am going to have to be on the old lady's side on this one. I think treadmills are on a strict first come, first serve basis.

Dave

Chantilly75

Not freaks, but several senior ladies (>65 yrs.) walk and do some exercises and then they all take showers early in the AM.

I think they are saving money on their water bills at home....?

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica