Tomtom Runner & RunningAhead (Read 172 times)

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

I'm intrigued by the new Tomtom Runner (see DC Rainmaker review -- http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/07/tomtom-runner-multisport.html). Has anyone here used this gps watch yet? Will this work for RunningAhead data uploads? I'm currently using my trusty Garmin FR 205 which has been flawless. So when I upgrade (in a couple of years perhaps ;-) ) I'm counting on the price being even lower than it is today. . .

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

I own the TomTom Multisport and have it export workouts in GPX format in which I then manually upload to RunningAhead. TomTom is working on adding more websites to work with auto upload but with your workouts in GPX format, you can pretty much upload to any website that supports Garmin.

A word of caution for anyone thinking about purchasing this watch (the Runner or the Multisport). The firmware is very buggy right now and I recommend waiting a month or two for all the bugs to be worked out and new features to be added. I like so many others feel like it was rushed to market before it was ready. 

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

Thanks for the instructions -- I never looked at the "upload Data from file" tab before -- this site is so Garmin friendly there was never any need. Also thanks for the review of the firmware.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

running metalhead

I'm intrigued: Where did you get the Tomtom Run from?
          I live in Holland, I even work close to TomTom and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. What price did you pay in the USA?

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

spartanrob

I just picked up the Multi-sport with heart rate monitor for $249 at Best Buy.

It works very well so far.  I have not yet exported data but have been using the 'Map My Run' software and iphone app.

My big concern right now is indoor running as i'm in Michigan and sometimes the weather just forces you inside.  I've heard that the treadmill accuracy is not great.  I also understand that the unit is unable to switch from GPS to accelerometer while in a tunnel.  This can be problematic in areas of low GPS signal.