Cincinnati Flying Pig (Read 177 times)

Curious.....  who's flying the pig this weekend?

Tammarin.....

Savoir c'est pouvoir

I'll be flying my 7th Pig on Sunday. My son is running his first 1/2 so I have the privilege of pacing him until the course split (8+ miles in). He just wants to finish but I (and everyone else it seems) am hoping to earn a return trip to Beantown in April.

I assume you are running olive420. Good luck!

yes!  I am doing the half.  also I will be manning the RCGC (runners club of greater cincy) booth at the expo saturday from 9:45 to 1:00 - you and son should stop by and say hi!  booth #415 - quite a big day for him!

tamm

Tammarin.....

Savoir c'est pouvoir

Going to the expo after work on Friday but may be back on Sat as well since sons #2 and #3 are racing on Sat. We'll be sure to stop by. Have a great race!

npaden

I'll be flying in on Saturday to run the Pig as my first marathon.  Pretty excited.

The forecast keeps switching on me, now it's looking more and more like rain.  For me that is better than warm and windy for sure, I'm just not very experienced at running in rain, I might need to pick up some body glide at the expo.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Suggestion 1: Body Gilde EVERYWHERE.

Suggestion 2: No loose or baggy clothing.

Suggestion 3: A hat with a bill helps keep it out of your eyes.

Suggestion 4: Wool socks (SmartWool, Point6, etc).

Source: Five and a half hours of running in the rain on Sunday :-P.

Good luck, everyone.  I love this race but won't be running it this year--I'll have to content myself with cheering from the internet.

The forecast keeps switching on me, now it's looking more and more like rain.  For me that is better than warm and windy for sure, I'm just not very experienced at running in rain, I might need to pick up some body glide at the expo.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

pae

I'm doing the 4-way.  I just arrived in town yesterday from Colorado, and had my first run at below 5000 feet in altitude this morning.

This will be my first marathon (and first 10k as well).

Like npaden, I have very little experience running in the rain.  Snow, yes.  Wind, yes.  Cold, yes.  Heat, yes.  Rain, not so much.

forecast now @ 40% chance of "showers" sunday.  yes, rgilbert  - body glide everywhere!  and keep the bill of your ball cap pulled low.  blisters in all our futures, no doubt....  Sad

Tammarin.....

It sounds gross, but Body Glide + Vaseline on the feet works wonders.  Feels greasy but worth it.  Kept me blister-free this weekend (50K in the rain, plus stream crossings).  I highly recommend trying it out for a shakeout.

forecast now @ 40% chance of "showers" sunday.  yes, rgilbert  - body glide everywhere!  and keep the bill of your ball cap pulled low.  blisters in all our futures, no doubt....  Sad

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

eeewwww......  I might give it a try.

Tammarin.....

zonykel

Hopefully you got a chance to train in the rain. A good, light, water proof jacket should be helpful.

I'll be on the sidelines for this year's pig.  My wife is running on a relay team, so I'm being head cheerleader with the 3 kids.

I'm running the 1 mile race on friday night, hoping to break 6 and then drink a few beers at the "free" concert.

nothing to see here.  

Hopefully you got a chance to train in the rain. A good, light, water proof jacket should be helpful.

I love to run in the rain but I usually keep it to 6 or 8 miles.  have the water "resistant" jacket but I am sure I will heat up.  regardless, it's gonna be a party!

Tammarin.....

Irishod

I'm in for the half.  I had to drop down from the full this year due to ITBS.  It's going to be hard to turn left at the split instead of right.  Good luck everyone, it is a great race!

npaden

Weather forecast is looking a little bit better.  Only 20% chance of rain now.

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)