Do you like fruitcake? (Read 703 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just wondering. While you think of an answer, consider this:

Another Passion

It's ok if it's saturated with enough rum. You don't really notice the yucky candied fruit or chunks too much then. Big grin

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Makes a good doorstop. There was a Texas company that made a good fruitcake, but it was more cake than fruit.
        I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
          Fruitcake is like shellfish once you have a bad one you never want another one. That said... this year.... I've been eating oysters, mussels, and conch...

Vim

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

I had a friend whose mom, during the holidays, would hand him a piece of fruitcake as he walked out the door to school. He thought the cake was gross so he would chuck it out into back yard. Apparently his brothers and sisters (six total) didn't like it either because when the snow melted in the spring, the backyard was dotted with fruitcake. ~Jen
            Jennifer
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've never had a problem with Richard Simmons. Why do you ask?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Cause I CAN

I've never tried it but it looks nasty enough that I dont want to try it... Dead
                Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
                VictorN

Hah. I grew up in a family that loves fruitcake (its got to be good fruitcake, preferably homemade) but now live with a family that doesn't like it. Occasionally I'll buy one and I get it all to myself. Yeah! Victor

Dog-Love

My husband loves fruitcake and when I watch him eat it, I wonder again what we have in common. Who invented that stuff?
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      I make dark fruitcake every year for Christmas. It's loaded with fruit and nuts and soaked in so much rum and fruit juice that you almost need to be 21 to eat it. It's also soft and moist enough to eat with a spoon, unlike the poor excuse for fruitcake you get from the store. Tom
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cool! Figbash, can you post the recipe? Or better yet, we have a recipe group: http://runningahead.com/groups/AtoZRecipes/Forum You can post it there! Big grin
                        VictorN

Yes, please post fruitcake recipe. Victor