Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Dad on the run.

Before - 240-245lbs - Im the guy in the blue adidas shirt

Now - 198lbs

The man standing beside me is Noah Galloway. He is an extreme athlete and has his on webiste at noahgalloway.com. You can read all about him. He has an amazing story and is truly an inspiration.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mostly harmless

Before - 240-245lbs - Im the guy in the blue adidas shirt

Now - 198lbs

Wow, you are a really trim 198. Good work!  You must be pretty tall.  How much time between the before and after?

MTA: Just stalked your log. 6'4".

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Dad on the run.

That pictures was in 2009 when my daughter was born. I did not get active about losing weight until January of 2012. When I started running in May 2012 I was around 225lbs.

Wow, you are a really trim 198. Good work!  You must be pretty tall.  How much time between the before and after?

MTA: Just stalked your log. 6'4".

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Scott and Jimmy!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

robinde

You guys look great!!  Good work.

So in 2009/2010 I was 200 pounds and drinking sugar / caffeine sodas like a fiend.

Now in 2013 I am soda / caffeine free and 40 pounds lighter. I lost the weight by stopping sodas and cutting down on salty foods. I got in shape by hiking and running, but I lost no weight from the exercise.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

DoEpicRuns

So.... I was not a pretty picture before I started running. Not only did I have terrible eating habits and was completely inactive, I also struggled with some serious drinking issues (seriously, 2500 calories of booze a day does NOT help the waistline). I've destroyed most of the evidence of my "before" days, but here we are:

that's me on the right. YIKES.

That's me on the right. You can't even really tell from this picture, but I had hit my heaviest. I'm 5'6 and I was at about 160lbs.

Fast forward quite a few years and THIS is me now:

SD Safari Park Half Marathon

This picture was taken about 2 weeks ago at the Safari Park Half Marathon in San Diego. I am now about 125 lbs and in great health (not to mention completely sober for 3 1/2 years!!). I am so grateful that running has given me this new way of life. It's pretty freakin epic. I'm currently doing a 90 Day Body Overhaul to get in even better shape - I'm chasing that ever elusive ab definition. Wink

This thread should be titled "Before and WOW!"

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Maggie & Molly

some really great stuff here!!  congrats to all on the hard work and dedication to becoming healthy!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Congratulations on the weight loss and more importantly, being sober for 3 1/2 years.

So.... I was not a pretty picture before I started running. Not only did I have terrible eating habits and was completely inactive, I also struggled with some serious drinking issues (seriously, 2500 calories of booze a day does NOT help the waistline). I've destroyed most of the evidence of my "before" days, but here we are:

that's me on the right. YIKES.

That's me on the right. You can't even really tell from this picture, but I had hit my heaviest. I'm 5'6 and I was at about 160lbs.

Fast forward quite a few years and THIS is me now:

SD Safari Park Half Marathon

This picture was taken about 2 weeks ago at the Safari Park Half Marathon in San Diego. I am now about 125 lbs and in great health (not to mention completely sober for 3 1/2 years!!). I am so grateful that running has given me this new way of life. It's pretty freakin epic. I'm currently doing a 90 Day Body Overhaul to get in even better shape - I'm chasing that ever elusive ab definition. Wink

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

EpicErin

Epic Runner

Here's me in college in 2006 after having gained the freshman 30 - I was probably around 145-150:

And here's me at around 120 in the green with doepicruns - I'm also the other panda in her picture Smile This is us in the Florida Keys in January after Ragnar. Best trip of our lives!

Do Epic Runs

http://www.doepicruns.com/

best thread ever

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Here was me before running:

This was me last summer (2 yrs later) 100 lbs down:

Almost a year to today whee I've held off the weight (150 today):

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

GatsbyBird

Wow!

doepicruns, Epic Erin and Hipfan, you guys look GREAT!

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR