I made the list, pal. (Read 2348 times)

bhearn

I don't think I should be on this list (at least top small-x) and I think he missed a few folks.

Not that I think I should be on a "Best Frequent Marathoners" list either -- but I was a bit surprised that, by his specific calculations, I didn't make the cut. Especially for '09.

Imminent Catastrophe

I don't think I should be on this list (at least top small-x) and I think he missed a few folks.

And. no.

Wardian never set a course record AFAIK. So there's that.

BTW does your archenemy runalot?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Wardian never set a course record AFAIK. So there's that.

BTW does your archenemy runalot?

Softest record EVER, but I will always remember having the fun symbol next to my name in ultra running magazine. ha. I bet Wardian has a record somewhere and he does (or at least DID at one time) have the "fastest stroller marathon" record.

She/he has spies. I have said too much.

bhearn

Oh. Well technically, you're not on the same list.

xor

Oh. Well technically, you're not on the same list.

Now I'm curious who you think it is.

And it is not Mary Hanna.  :-)

Julia1971

I bet Wardian has a record somewhere and he does (or at least DID at one time) have the "fastest stroller marathon" record.

He set (but hasn't held) the record at the National Marthon.  (I watched him finish after finishing the half myself and I credit it for transforming me from a marathon hater).

He's got the stroller thing and the indoor thing, but technically, those aren't courses.

(I swear I'm not a MW stalker.  He's a local guy, so I read/see things).

Dave

Michael is a pretty good dude all around.  Gave me some bandaids at the National in 2009 (which he later won).  OK, we parked near each other.

Just a very pleasant, down to earth fellow from what I could tell.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Julia1971

Michael is a pretty good dude all around.  Gave me some bandaids at the National in 2009 (which he later won).  OK, we parked near each other.

Just a very pleasant, down to earth fellow from what I could tell.

That was the year I saw him finish.  It was so cool seeing a local guy win a his home-town marathon.

I don't really know the guy - just see him around.  But, I remember I was doing a track workout a couple summers ago and he was there, too.  I noticed some guy come up to him and ask him about some promotional/marketing opportunity and I remember thinking, "How annoying!  Dude, he's trying to work out!"  I would have told the guy he could talk to me when I'm done but he was all, "Uh, huh, yeah, uh, huh."  Maybe he takes long recoveries.  Smile  But, he was way nicer than I would have been.

xor

I've only "almost" met Wardian twice.  Once on the side of the mountain... I had to jump out of his way. I was going up, he was coming down. He beat me that day by almost six hours.  And once I ate at the table next to his family at some hotel restaurant.  ooo aaah.

Julia1971

I've only "almost" met Wardian twice.  Once on the side of the mountain... I had to jump out of his way. I was going up, he was coming down. He beat me that day by almost six hours.  And once I ate at the table next to his family at some hotel restaurant.  ooo aaah.

I've seen him around a few times, but I'm too afraid to say, "Hi".  I feel like he isn't famous enough for me to say, "Hi" without seeming like a stalker.  I don't know what that fame level is, but lucky for him, he's safe from me for a while.

bhearn

Congrats!

I admit it -- I'm a little surprised I'm not on this list. When I have time I may have to break down and compute my "Total Time Faster than Median". But at least this way I know I'm not your evil archenemy.

Ha -- I was right. My 2009 "Total Time Faster than Median" was 12:18:37, but I didn't make his list of those > 12 hours. But that's only if you count Ghost of Whidbey, which was not listed on MarathonGuide, so without that I missed the cut at 11:40:37. 2010 had fewer and slower races, so I'm sure I missed the cut last year.

kcam

To be on the same list as Michael Wardian .... Shocked.  You guys are frickin' Maniacstm.

xor

Ha -- I was right. My 2009 "Total Time Faster than Median" was 12:18:37, but I didn't make his list of those > 12 hours. But that's only if you count Ghost of Whidbey, which was not listed on MarathonGuide, so without that I missed the cut at 11:40:37. 2010 had fewer and slower races, so I'm sure I missed the cut last year.

Ah, well you should be there, certainly higher than me.

Plus you have that whole sub 3 at Boston thing, which is darned impressive.

My evil archenemy is ALSO on this list.

I've always wanted to be an evil aerchenemy, but my name is not on the list

I do not see Banditos either

I can only think of one other, but do not see the name listed

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

#artbydmcbride

We could be each other's evil archenemies if you want to, gumbee.   Smile

Runners run