September "Virtual" race coming up! (Read 932 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Bernie and Kirsten are in! Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, what if we eventually added a 10 mile or 10k segment? Or is that too many options...? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Just ignore her, Janell. She's in for the 5 mile...we are running a 9.5 mi this weekend, but I'm just going to clock the run tomorrow & we'll watch our 5 mi time.
        You're the timekeeper on this one - but try to talk her into submitting her own time, ok? Wink

Ok, my race is in the books! I ran 5 miles in 53:17! It was a BLAST! Funny thing, for the entire 5 miles I had a vision of Zoom Zoom's rear end in front of me! I never could catch it but it was fun trying! Big grin
          What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Okay, all! Sorry I was a little late putting this out! Please submit your times via the online form at:http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html. Results will be compiled and posted over in the group site at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/virtual. Thanks to everyone for participating! -Janell p.s. FMR - you don't need to resubmit - I'll just copy over. Is this a PR for you? ("Yes" if it's your first race at that distance...)

Yes, first race Virtual or of any type!
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, what if we eventually added a 10 mile or 10k segment? Or is that too many options...? k
                I'm fine with it so long as we can get at least two people to submit times for the distances... otherwise where's the race? A fair number of people have signed up for the "virtual" group - why don't you poll them? If you can get two other people to say they'd like a certain distance (assuming at least 1/3 won't submit times) I'd be fine with putting up another division.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yes, first race Virtual or of any type!
                  CONGRATULATIONS!!! Big grin Cool Big grin Cool Big grin

Thank you! It was a lot of fun, this will help me get ready for a "real" race whenever I can find one this fall in Indianapolis
                      Gotcha. John and Gregg, you two going to be able to "make it" this weekend or are you going to have to wait until next month?
                      I'll run Oct using my 23 Sept time for 5K. I am sneaking up on 5K taking my time to get there. I was hoping to run 2 miles as my long run tomorrow (3 Sept) and I still might, but I had a really bad run last evening (1 Sept) and have sore thigh muscles today even though the morning's run was much better, in fact I had my best pace yet when I ran this morning! Go figure! And again I must take time and thank you for your advise on this up coming race. If I had attempted my original plan to train to run the 15K race instead I would have been in big trouble and could have given up running all together. This slow approach is just fine. I think it will work out great for that half marathon on 5 May 07 in Indy. That I KNOW I can finish even if it is walking a lot of it.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yer' welcome, Gregg. I'm glad what you're doing is working for you! I peeked at your log earlier today. Looks like you've been really consistant and are seeing gradual but steady improvement. Smile Not every run will be perfect, as you've noticed, but I hope you have enough "good" ones to keep you motivated. Will look for ya at next month's virtual race! Janell

Thank you! It was a lot of fun, this will help me get ready for a "real" race whenever I can find one this fall in Indianapolis
                          Check out these events in Columbus IN for Sept http://www.crh.org/millracerace/ Columbus is Exit 68 and not that far from Indy!! Only 63 miles from Ft Harrison or so says my odometer each day Hope to see ya there!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Yer' welcome, Gregg. I'm glad what you're doing is working for you! I peeked at your log earlier today. Looks like you've been really consistant and are seeing gradual but steady improvement. Smile Not every run will be perfect, as you've noticed, but I hope you have enough "good" ones to keep you motivated. Will look for ya at next month's virtual race! Janell
                            Thanks! I run for my health!! I CAN eat pasta NOW!!!! AND bread sticks!! These things are not good for a diabetic at all!! But last Tuesday I had a regualr plate of Fazzoli's Spaggetti (spell?) and a bread stick then ran 1.56 miles and instead of a BG reading of 180+ @2 hours after eating I was 117!!!! That is a NON diabetic number!!!!!!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hmm... You may want to make sure you're carrying some candy or other high-sugar item with you as your runs get longer, if they have that much effect on your BS. It would be bad to get 2 miles away from home, have your BS dropping, and start feeling woozy... Just my $0.02, though I'm sure you've discussed it in your "diabetic runners" group.

Yep! AndI wonder if my bad run was low BG? Friday was really off schedule for me! No sooner than I certified my people's time then we get notified of 59 minutes Admin Leave to kick off the holiday, and of course the link to time cards up and goes down. AND the we had to make sure our outside data base didn't have any incompleted voucher etc so Systems can merge that one with "our" data base (taking on work form closing DoD and Military Bases). Long story short is that I missed my afternoon carbs, got home did NOT eat and ran anyway! Not smart!!! But then I never said I was......... I DO work for the government after all!!!! Could be worse! I could work for the Post Office! Don't tell Sandi I said that! She DOES work for them