2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, I don't think anyone will top that story in this thread.  Best wishes to your wife, Joe!

(I like how your dog pooped, ran home, and jumped in the shower!) Smile

Wow. Just wow. Go Joe! Hope your wife gets better soon.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice going Joe.  Hope that your wife heals up quickly.

steph  

joescott

(I like how your dog pooped, ran home, and jumped in the shower!) Smile

LOL!  Yeah, she is an amazing dog!!

MTA:  I should add, thanks for the concern, all.  DW is doing *great*.  Very little pain after surgery, and although she is tired she is doing very well and glad to never have another gall bladder attack to look forward to.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Ojo

Glad to hear she is okay!

MTA:  I should add, thanks for the concern, all.  DW is doing *great*.  Very little pain after surgery, and although she is tired she is doing very well and glad to never have another gall bladder attack to look forward to.

Sara

MM #2929

GinnyinPA

Good job Joe.  I hope your wife's recovery is straight-forward.

Four miles on the TM.  Day 25 for me, and 96.7 miles total for the month of December.

CT JEFF

Glad to hear all the streaks that are still going. Im missing a couple days of data because I cant find the charger for my Garmin watch. Speaking of which, did you see the new 920XT? If anyone wants to get me a Christmas present... ok I'll even take it as a Chanauka present. Wink

JOE- glad all went well with wife. I worry about pushing off my runs until too late, because "what if..." something like that could have easily killed the run.

Ive been trying to go easy on my Left foot (and keeping myself from wearing down my right hip) so my miles have been low. A couple 1. somethings and a 3.6 today. Streak intact. Been feeling down/ depressed last couple weeks. Actually considered ending the streak to sleep. I am a night owl, but sometimes at 11pm, I could doze off. If I end up running after 11p, I am awake until 2 or 3am at the least.

really hoped to get outside for a run, but DW had big plans for me and getting the house ready for NExT WEEK?!?! wow, that came up fast. Hope you all have a great finish to your streak (you are more than 1/2 way done!) and I hope you all have good times with your friends and family. And if you're lucky, I hope you get some running stuff too. Runners are great and giving people. God bless you all.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Two miles in a lovely snow fall.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

justrundan

Still streaking, 3.5 on TM this morning.

Dan

TripleBock

21 days 161.5 miles - On Track for the 250

Last week 57.5

Also lifted weights 6 times last week

My back and hip issues still end most runs - But I am getting trhough a couple longer ones.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Snow coming down and a bit less than an inch on the ground made my footsteps silent and cushioned this morning.  Nice.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Planned on 128.5 for the streak...although my miles are closer to the 145-150 range.  Starting to set me up for my training cycles coming up.  I think I'll probably end the streak after the 1st though and go to 6 of 7 days of running to get a day of rest each week when I add workouts.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

half-fast

I've kept up the streak this week after finishing my first marathon in 5 years.  Usually after abusing myself this badly I usually wait to start training again at least until I can walk the stairs without pain killers.  But there I was Monday night, on a walk/run/limp (repeat) cycle until I finished the obligatory mile Smile  It's been an interesting process moving from that to a run/walk to an easy run over the last three days.

My steak ended yesterday. Sick and my body aches. Tried to run 6-7 today and was done at 3 miles. I feel shame.

My steak ended yesterday. Sick and my body aches. Tried to run 6-7 today and was done at 3 miles. I feel shame.

I'm sorry to hear that. But don't give up. I think maybe all of you who fell off the wagon could post how many days you did manage to run out of the whole streak at the end.