Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

RandyDandy

You guys are pretty motivating. Back in my competitive days I think I went over 3 months running at least 10 miles a day (needless to say I didn't have much of a life then)...coming back from an injury now, but I think daily persistence is the best way to stay motivated, even if it's just a mile or two a day Wink

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My last gap fell off too finally!  1 month exactly, and 203.3 miles!  Cool

Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Love me some snow running.

The snow running didn't happen.  Blizzard weather too vile, even for me.  Saved by the treadmill.

Tonight I may do some running/sliding on the ice.  Remains to be seen.

A Saucy Wench

My running is getting pathetic-er and pathetic-er  I was on the treadmill for about 7 minutes actually doing the jogging motion before I even noticed the treadmill was at 2.0  .  How the hell does one run at 2.0, that is barely walking.  I bumped it up to a whopping 4.0 to finish out my mile. 

I think though it is finally moving out of my lungs.  It has been torrential rains with 25 mph winds in the upper 30's so I have been avoiding outside with my cold, but it might be time.  Either that or I should just run backwards on the TM

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It has been torrential rains with 25 mph winds in the upper 30's

Still describing your lungs, or is this outside? Wink

Get well soon!

I was fighting with the TM this morning.  The program I picked seemed to consist of building up from 2.5 to 4 mph over 30 minutes.  I kept kicking it up to 6 or 8, then after a minute it would bring me back to 4.  I just kept hitting random buttons to see where they took me.  One was 15% grade.  Fun.

xhristopher

My last gap fell off too finally!  1 month exactly, and 203.3 miles!  Cool

You folks keep reminding me that I've clearly set up my chart wrong. I'll have to keep up my streak through mid Feb before my gaps fall off.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You folks keep reminding me that I've clearly set up my chart wrong. I'll have to keep up my streak through mid Feb before my gaps fall off.

You had to fiddle with it, didn't you?

You had to fiddle with it, didn't you?

Lol, sounds like me, but after an hour of overdoing it, I set it back to default and kept it pretty close to that. 

--- I still can't believe LedLincoln does not have the 'running streak' widget on there.  Did I miss you discussing somewhere in this long thread what your streak is?  Looking at your solid-color chart makes me curious just how far that goes back...  

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

xhristopher

My widget includes a bike ride. I find a ways to mess everything up.

A Saucy Wench

ugh..

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

ckerr1999

Ok. I am out. Still hacking away. Need a couple of days of rest..Will go back to running on Saturday.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Lol, sounds like me, but after an hour of overdoing it, I set it back to default and kept it pretty close to that. 

--- I still can't believe LedLincoln does not have the 'running streak' widget on there.  Did I miss you discussing somewhere in this long thread what your streak is?  Looking at your solid-color chart makes me curious just how far that goes back...  

It doesn't go all that far back; just a bit before SeanV2 started this thread.  I haven't been that interested in streaking until now, but it seems to be doing me a lot of good.  Starting to do some doubles, too.  I'm hoping that if I can keep racking up miles, I'll be in good shape for my marathon in May.

I just set my longest streak.  (It is not that long. :-)  Would be longer but caught a 24-hour bug about 2 weeks ago that knocked me down for a day. (Rare for me, I hardly ever get sick). Honestly I could have kicked out a mile if needed, but since the streak was so short, I let it drop.   New goal is to roll my current streak all the way through 2013 with at least 2 miles a day. 

I love running on 12/24 and 12/25 because:  1)  No one else seems to be out there running, and 2)  I get to wear a christmas hat to keep my melon warm while I am running. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

The snow running didn't happen.  Blizzard weather too vile, even for me.  Saved by the treadmill.

Tonight I may do some running/sliding on the ice.  Remains to be seen.

Only flurries here so far.  When I did my run this evening it was 50F.  High winds and rain though (no treadmill).  32 now.

Tomorrow will be an adventure that I look forward to. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

Managed a 12.5 mile "long" run on a cool (32 F) morning under extremely slippery conditions.

Day 37 I think? WOW  Never thought I could do that!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals