Get Faster With This 10 Second Hill Workout (Read 449 times)

joefreudenthal

I ran across this workout at Runner's World and thought I would share. I like it because of it's simplicity, ease of institution into any current program you may be in the midst of, and also because I believe the Fitness/Injury Ratio is fairly high (http://enerfitrunning.blogspot.com/2007/09/choose-workouts-with-high-fitnessinjury.html). Here it is: At the end of a 20- to 40-minute easy run, find a steep hill (six to eight percent grade). Run two 10-second repeats. Add one repeat per week until you reach eight. Do the first repeat at a fast but controlled pace; the rest at top speed. Recover after each repeat for at least two minutes by walking downhill backward. Stay at eight repeats for two to four weeks, then take two weeks off from hill running before starting the cycle again. Simple and effective. Perfect. Joe Freudenthal enerfitrunning.blogspot.com
    muse_runner

keep running.

I could get into this! Problem: Where do you find a good hill to run down backwards? I would get hit by a car!
      running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
        Sounds good to me!