First 5 miler! (Read 88 times)

dirtroadrunner

Big grin

Better I Leave

Well done. How did it feel?

dirtroadrunner

actually great! I even ran up our Main Street which is one long slow hill without any problems. Guess its a good thing I always have several hills on my shorter routes.

Better I Leave

Nice...So what's next? A 10K?

dirtroadrunner

Just contine training plan for 1/2. We actually don't have many races around here but there is a 5k in Feb if I'm functional after I have my wisdom teeth out (it's 4 days after, we'll see) I guess getting into spring we have several 5ks within an hour from home  but that is about it. Got to love rural America!

Not dead. Yet.

Congrats!  That's a huge milestone.  Like Dave said, you can get a 10K next and then 10 miler.  ]

w00t!

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

dirtroadrunner

Congrats!  That's a huge milestone.  Like Dave said, you can get a 10K next and then 10 miler.  ]

w00t!

are you suggesting to run a 10k on next long run, then shoot for 10 miles on the one after that? I'm actually surprised that I felt like I could do more. Or just stick to training  plan?

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Great job!

This is when it starts getting fun, when you start running distances that previously were only conceivable as a drive.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Well done!  Only recently getting that goal myself, I still remember how great it feels!  Oh and I agree with the comment above - now the fun begins.  Big grin

Being a slow runner means I get to check out YOUR butt...

This is how I do it... http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/profile/SarahinShibs/

Not dead. Yet.

are you suggesting to run a 10k on next long run, then shoot for 10 miles on the one after that? I'm actually surprised that I felt like I could do more. Or just stick to training  plan?

No.  Build up to the 10 miler, but you could probably run the 10K whenever you are ready.  I was just pointing out the milestones.  Stick to your plan.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Better I Leave

Just contine training plan for 1/2. We actually don't have many races around here but there is a 5k in Feb if I'm functional after I have my wisdom teeth out (it's 4 days after, we'll see) I guess getting into spring we have several 5ks within an hour from home  but that is about it. Got to love rural America!

I'm with you my friend. I too live in the rural Sierra Nevada mtns. Any race for me is at least an hours drive. I've got my Davis Stampede Half this Sunday and that's 1.5 hours. Great place to live...Not so good when it comes to available races. LOL!

dirtroadrunner

No.  Build up to the 10 miler, but you could probably run the 10K whenever you are ready.  I was just pointing out the milestones.  Stick to your plan.

Ok that's what I was thinking!!

dirtroadrunner

I'm with you my friend. I too live in the rural Sierra Nevada mtns. Any race for me is at least an hours drive. I've got my Davis Stampede Half this Sunday and that's 1.5 hours. Great place to live...Not so good when it comes to available races. LOL!

Totally understand! Mine is 3.5 hours away.