Tebow... (Read 1233 times)

all the religious crap aside... running quarterbacks always tend to be some kind of hot button issue.  So Tebow gets double the love/hate.

Michael Vick, Kordell Stewart, and for those of us old enough to remember Randal Cunningham.  Or for those really old folks out there, Bobby Douglas and Fran Tarkenton.  It's like people take it as a personal attack on their sense of drop back passingdom.  Or some kind of attack on the sense of fair play or something.  Like when defenses play the shift against a left handed slugger.

As a Packer fan I would have wlecomed a Super Bowl with banged up Pittsburgh as much as I would a Super Bowl against a decent Denver team.  Either one is dangerous but neither is going to give the kind of problems that New Orleans or New England can give. 

dodger20

i find it kinda strange that so many hate tebow; to me he's a really decent guy who deserves a chance  to suceed or fail like anybody else and frankly i's rather watch him "tebowing" than some jackass doing a dance in the endzone...........why oh why does'nt that bother anyone?

A Saucy Wench

"Tim tebow is the jamie moyer of football."

No.  No he isnt.

Jamie Moyer deserves much more respect than that.  Jamie can put the ball where he freaking aims it. 

He might be the Paul Abbot of football.   Dude got something like 17 wins one season while walking every other hitter

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

we're all different.

If a person scores a touchdown it's sometimes (special teams player, defense player or a reserve) one of the happiest moments in their life.  Why would I care if a cornerback runs in a TD and does a little dance?  He's happy.

If someone choses that moment to do a little personal thing, then that's fine also.  Sometimes when people are happy they want to dance.  Sometimes they want to pray.  Sometimes they want to point a the sky or drop to a knee and let you know they are thanking god or whatever.  It's like 26.2 bumper stickers.  It's just noise and people wanting attention.  If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anyone, who cares?

You'll ruin your knees!

Thanks, Jeff.  That was a good article and quite possibly the longest link I have ever seen.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Why is it sideways?

Thanks, Jeff.  That was a good article and quite possibly the longest link I have ever seen.

Reasonable takes on Tebow are hard to find. I don't know exactly what to make of the guy. It's kinda like the presidential campaigns or something like that--the hype is so big and crazy that it totally obscures my ability to make any sort of judgment--even when I am watching him play.

Sometimes they want to point a the sky or drop to a knee and let you know they are thanking god or whatever.  It's like 26.2 bumper stickers.  It's just noise and people wanting attention.  If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anyone, who cares?

I think this misstates why Tebow "Tebows".

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

No.  No he isnt.

Jamie Moyer deserves much more respect than that.  Jamie can put the ball where he freaking aims it. 

He might be the Paul Abbot of football.   Dude got something like 17 wins one season while walking every other hitter

or maybe the R.A. Dickey of football? 

He doesn't throw very hard, nobody knows where the ball is going, he's a born again Christain who does unique things to shine the spotlight on him more than it normaly would.  Mr. Dickey is going to go climb Mount Kilimajaro now in what is apparently an effort to call attention to human trafficking. 

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

He's not your run of the mill NFL player.  Perhaps with a few off season drug busts, assault charges, DUIs and nightclub shootings he'll gain the love and respect of the media ?

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Prince of Fatness

i think that a healthy Steelers team wins that game, but you have to play the cards that you are dealt.

i can't argue with the Steelers strategy, take away the run and the short stuff and make Tebow beat you with the long ball.  The problem is that is exactly what he did.  Over 30 yards per completion.  Damn.  Nice game by Tebow.

Not at it at all. 

does it misstate why someone wears eyeblack stickers with John 3:16 on them? 

kcam

I agree.  No one but Tim Tebow knows why he chooses to 'Tebow' but everything in his life seems to indicate he is genuine in his faith.  I'm not much of a football fan or a religious person but I certainly don't think it's coming from the same place as the player doing a dance after a TD or a dance after a sack (remember Mark Gastineau? - that's about the last era I watched a lot of football!). 

tcg30rg3

or maybe the R.A. Dickey of football? 

He doesn't throw very hard, nobody knows where the ball is going, he's a born again Christain who does unique things to shine the spotlight on him more than it normaly would.  Mr. Dickey is going to go climb Mount Kilimajaro now in what is apparently an effort to call attention to human trafficking. 

Interesting to note that each of the 3 mentioned (Moyer, Abbott and Dickey) are all former members of my beloved Seattle Mariners.  It's all becoming so clear...

2011 Goals 10K: sub 00:55 15k: sub 01:25 Half: sub 01:59

dodger20

He's not your run of the mill NFL player.  Perhaps with a few off season drug busts, assault charges, DUIs and nightclub shootings he'll gain the love and respect of the media ?

this is so well said! it really makes me wonder where we are headed as a society