Surprise race results (Read 535 times)

Go Pre!

I posted this in the Drinkers with a Running Problem forum...but thought it should be included as a Race Report. We went to see our good friend's new house Saturday eve. Saw a lot of people we hadn't seen in years. I stuck to beer, the mrs jumped back and forth from wine, to vodka. (gulp - recipe for trouble for her) We and a few others closed the party around 1AM as most of the 'half-milers' left by 11. The mrs and I stumbled to home BUT we got up in time for her 10k race (I had to take little Cam to hockey so I missed out on the races this week). It was a cold windy day, but the race goes on : ) So, somehow, she ran 90 seconds faster than her best 10K, the second time she has 10K PR'd with a hang over!!! And the bonus award goes to our daughter (14) for babysitting Cam and staying up late, then running the 5K in 23:00 and winning the 15 and under AG, 3rd female (of 107) and 22nd overall (of 174) I got to the race in time to see them finish. Boy did I have runners envy! But it was nice to see them do well, and it's always nice to have a reason to hang around for the awards Smile Dave

Dog-Love

Some people like a bloody Mary in the morning, but if a 10K takes the edge off the hangover...go for it. Great job Mrs Daddyo and your daughter as well.
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Racing hung over never did much for me, but I have known some people that have had great performances after a bender. That being said, Sunday's long run was the direct cause of never getting hung over in college (well, rarely getting hung over, a couple of times I didn't run after a night out). Start the run while you are still drunk, realize 7 or 8 miles into the run that you aren't drunk anymore, and you already about halfway home!

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)