New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon (Read 411 times)

Has anyone run the marathon or half mary? Any tips or suggestions? I've got my plane ticket and hotel and am planning on running the half. This is more of a destination race than trying for a fast time for me. I've been training in 40 degree temps. Thanks in advance for any info.
      Has anyone run the marathon or half mary? Any tips or suggestions? I've got my plane ticket and hotel and am planning on running the half. This is more of a destination race than trying for a fast time for me. I've been training in 40 degree temps. Thanks in advance for any info.
      I wish I could offer some advice...I'm planning on doing this one next year. Let us know how it goes.

Imminent Catastrophe

Last year. It was a lot of fun and pretty sobering at times, seeing some neighborhoods that are still ruined and abandoned, you can still see the high waterline on the houses. It's completely flat, and has pretty good postrace food (red beans & rice and beer). Besides, it's New Orleans. Enjoy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016