Semantics -- Interval or Tempo? (Read 616 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Really I should set up my own labels

Recovery

Easy

Hill

LAT

CV

Vo2 Max (3k-5k)

Faster than Vo2 Max ( Faster tha 3k)

Trail

Don't forget "ridiculously fucking long"

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Suppose you do a 50-minute run that looks like this:

10 minute warmup + 15 minutes at 10k pace + 10 minutes easy + 15 minutes at 10k pace + 10 minute cooldown

Is that a tempo run or an interval run with two long intervals?

I'd log it as "medium".

Runners run

Wing

Joggaholic

I'd log it as "medium".

How about "well-done" ?

How about "well-done" ?

Not one of my workout types.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Call it what you want, it's your run.

Named workouts:  Arthur, Beatrice, Claude...

Call it what you want, it's your run.

However, since you've asked -- to me, that is not a tempo workout.

I't call it tempo paced intervals. I have those prescribed at times, but I never thought of giving my workouts names.

Thanks for the replies. I guess what I titled my message was misleading. I don't really have a particular need to name my runs -- and realize that they're my runs and I can "call them what I want." (but thanks 4 the advice, MilkTruck). I guess I'm still trying to make sense of the benefits behind the different types of speed work. So thanks to those of u who provided answers that helped w that.

Thanks for the replies. I guess what I titled my message was misleading. I don't really have a particular need to name my runs -- and realize that they're my runs and I can "call them what I want." (but thanks 4 the advice, MilkTruck). I guess I'm still trying to make sense of the benefits behind the different types of speed work. So thanks to those of u who provided answers that helped w that.