Miles/km's (Read 522 times)

Bob Bob and Bob

Sorry if this has been previously covered or suggested...

I prefer to see data in metric units.  Not just my data though.

If I am looking at someone else's log, trying to figure out how much or how fast they are running to accomplish a certain goal, it would be nice if their logs would appear in my preferred units.

(Not just in terms of distance, but also pace, speed, etc.)

I suspect that others may have the same issue going from km's to miles.

Would it be possible to have a check box or something that converts all displayed data to imperial or metric units?

Thanks.

eric :)

emailbobjenkins,

If you set your default distance unit in Options -> Locale Settings, then all distance units, including other users' logs will be displayed with that unit.

Bob Bob and Bob

I guess that works when I am looking at the SUMMARY page. 

However, when I am checking out the WORKOUTS tab, the distance is often given in imperial units while the pace is metric.

(Not sure if that is what was originally intended.)

Great site.

eric :)

The site displays distances the way you have entered them.  If you stored as 5k as 3.1 miles, you'll see it as 3.1 miles regardless of your distance unit preference.  The thinking is that there's a reason you entered the distance using a particular unit and so the site should not modify it.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The site displays distances the way you have entered them.  If you stored as 5k as 3.1 miles, you'll see it as 3.1 miles regardless of your distance unit preference.  The thinking is that there's a reason you entered the distance using a particular unit and so the site should not modify it.

Yeah, but I still think that if you run a 5k and you enter anything but 5km or 5000m as the distance, you're doing it wrong. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.