One of my usual runs (Read 665 times)

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I took this photo today from one of the bridges I often run across: Esplanade Evening As long as the weather is good you'll always find a few photographers hanging around near sunset. I often wish I had more woods nearby to run in, but the city definitely has its charms too.
    Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
      Beautiful scenery!
      I love to eat, therefore I must run!
        City running! What a trip that would be. Can't imagine it. I run in deer fly country.

- Anya

mikeymike

Nice pic. That's from the Longfellow, right? I've run over that bridge many times, usually in the early morning though so the light is totally different. THat's a great photo.

Runners run

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Yup, from Longfellow. Which is apparently in serious disrepair and subject to frequent maintenance. One night this week I had to run out in the road to get around a crew that was welding something below the sidewalk. And thanks!

Into the wild

That's a post card, no? Evil grin I'd like to run there Big grin Where is it?

Shut up and run

Lobve the pic! Thanks for posting it!
                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                  I'd like to run there Big grin Where is it?
                  It's the Hub of the Universe, better known as Boston. That's the Charles River, immortalized by the Standells' "Dirty Water". Oddly enough, none of the band members were from Boston. It's actually sorta pretty clean these days, they've taken down the "keep open flames away" signs. Wink I ran this very spot yesterday afternoon, it was a little breezy but it's great to be surrounded by fellow runners. It was also the first time I'd seen the Smoot marks on the Mass Ave bridge, so I got a pretty good chuckle from that. That's a great pic Ed, it really does look like a professional postcard.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

HOSS1961

HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
                    Ed4

Barefoot and happy

I ran this very spot yesterday afternoon, it was a little breezy but it's great to be surrounded by fellow runners.
                      I wonder if we passed, I was out there too. I did the loop across Longfellow and up to the footbridge by Harvard. Incidentally, the "closed" part of the loop on the Boston side is quite runnable. The pavement is gone, but it's level dirt, and there were plenty of other scofflaws ignoring the signs and running on it.