Is there an app for that? (Read 239 times)

redleaf

And we appreciate you and what you do Eric.  Thanks

Yep. No "smh" necessary Wink

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Maggie & Molly

Eric, I think you do an amazing job keeping this place up and running and updating it as much as he can.  I thank you for that

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Julia1971

I'm a Blackberry Z10 user that has no problem using the site from my phone.

But since I plan on logging my runs during the zombie apocalypse, it's good to know they'd have to take over three separate locations before the site goes down.  Then, I'm going to be really mad.

Thanks for all you do Eric!

runmichigan

The answer he gave came off very condesending. He didnt have to go into detal about "me not building a state of the art fitness facility" or about how much he puts into his three server system, or how good a programmer he is. All he had to say was the resources wouldnt allow for it at this time. But he chose to take it to the other extreme. Maybe you need to look in the other direction for the dramatics.

Brian Oakley

No Eric's answer did not come off as "very condescending".  You just chose to take offense.  Your lack of perspective on this is apparent by your characterization of his response as going to the extreme.

Maybe we should ask whether you are contributing to the upkeep of this site or just using the free site.

Count me as another very satisfied customer who is quite willing to pay the very small amount Eric suggests we contribute for support.

Thanks again Eric!

Roses Revenge

Thanks for the reminder to make my donation to the site.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

icom100

Firstly, I apologize if Ive offended anyone reading this thread. That was not my intention. My intention was to ask a question. If Eric didn't mean his answer to be condesending, Im certain he will say so. I did take it that way. I could have been wrong, but I don't think so. Anyway, again, my apologies.

Brian Oakley

Wow, nice non-apology.

Amy

Firstly, I apologize if Ive offended anyone reading this thread. That was not my intention. My intention was to ask a question. If Eric didn't mean his answer to be condesending, Im certain he will say so. I did take it that way. I could have been wrong, but I don't think so. Anyway, again, my apologies.

Brian Oakley

It appears that you're the only one who took Eric's response as condescending. Honestly, I thought your "smh" came across as rude. Eric responded more politely than I would have.

HermosaBoy

Question asked and answered.  Always difficult to read tone in print...

Shall we move on?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Shall we move on?

Well, the tone of "smh" is not too hard to read.  Geez  (and yes, I mean to sound annoyed with Mr. Brian Oakley - he's rather troll-like).

runmichigan

Shall we move on?

Eric provides us with these forums with no moderation.  For the most part everyone that utilizes these forums is reasonable and friendly.  However, when someone steps outside the bounds of reasonable netiquette, they need to be called on it by the rest of the RA community.

Mostly harmless

Shall we move on?

This

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

HermosaBoy

Eric provides us with these forums with no moderation.  For the most part everyone that utilizes these forums is reasonable and friendly.  However, when someone steps outside the bounds of reasonable netiquette, they need to be called on it by the rest of the RA community.

Fair enough -- just seems like the hits keep coming and coming.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob