*happy dance* (aka the solution for a blistered or raw achilles area) (Read 1180 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If anyone can tell a very sweaty boy how to stop my shoes from getting so soaked and ucky on long runs I am all ears.
    As a very sweaty girl I'd be all ears, too! Thank heavens for technical, wicking fabrics! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

At this clinic, there was a running shoe store owner who was very knowledgeable about shoe fit and there was also a MD who specialized in running related injuries. Both agreed that the last shoelace hole (the one farther outside) is completely useless!
      Good to know that now...17 years after some guy told me it would help my heels stop slipping in my track shoes. Not sure it ever helped, but I did it anyways & it has become such a habit that I do it on every pair of running/tennis shoes I own.
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        As a very sweaty girl I'd be all ears, too! Thank heavens for technical, wicking fabrics! Big grin k
        Well I was hoping to report on how the sweat bands worked around my ankles to stop the sweat. It certainly is hot enough here (still in Florida) to sweat plenty to tell. The problem is that at about mile #3 I found myself in a downpour. Stay tuned maybe tomorrow morning will be dry. Although, the rain did cool me off some. Take care, Ken
          Here is a great site by New Balance. It shows an animation of how to lace for various complaints. I personally use the one for toes as I have lost a couple of big toe nails in past marathons. http://www.newbalance.com/techcenter/footwear/lacing_for_a_better_fit.html?sport=Running&gender=&product_type=&feature=
          WHO FARTLEK"D ?
          vicentefrijole

Good to know that now...17 years after some guy told me it would help my heels stop slipping in my track shoes. Not sure it ever helped, but I did it anyways & it has become such a habit that I do it on every pair of running/tennis shoes I own.
            Who knows.. if it's working for you, I wouldn't tell you to change it (if it's not broke....), but i guess I've always found that top hole a little annoying.. Big grin
            vicentefrijole

Here is a great site by New Balance. It shows an animation of how to lace for various complaints. I personally use the one for toes as I have lost a couple of big toe nails in past marathons. http://www.newbalance.com/techcenter/footwear/lacing_for_a_better_fit.html?sport=Running&gender=&product_type=&feature=
              THAT IS FASCINATING! I had no idea there were so many ways to lace shoes.. I have to admit, I'm a little skeptical of some of those (and I'm hesitant to change anything with my feet, of course), so if anyone has any success with these, please let us know! Thanks for the cool link. Big grin
                I do use the tie-up that was described earlier and is pictured on the NB site. I have to wear orthotics and I have been working and experimenting for the best scenario. One of the problems I had is that because my foot was lifted, it would feel like my heel was coming out of the shoe. I do think that the lacing has helped with respect to slippage of my shoe. It did take some getting used to when I would tie the show, but now it is very easy. Ken
                  Hi Kirsten, I do think that the sweat bands around my anlkes helped a bit. I am in Florida for a few weeks and it has been sooo hot and humid that I have not been running the distances that I do at home, but I did not have as much moisture in my shoe as normal and one thing for sure is I have certainly been sweating. Take care, Ken