gear swap? (Read 624 times)

this space for rent

It's been my experience that, as runners, we tend to accumulate a lot of stuff over the years - race shirts, gloves, things to clip onto shoes, gear samples etc... Anyone interested in swapping any of your extras with others? For example, I've got a technical race shirt from the 2006 Get Moving Tucson 5k that I'll never wear. It's too slim fit for me (despite being size L on the label), and a tad thin/see through for my tastes, but I'm sure someone out there could get a lot of use out of it- especially as a base layer for cold weather runs. At this point, I'm not looking for anything in particular in return - I'd just like to see this shirt go to someone who can get some use out of it. It's a Large coolmax womens cap sleeve t-shirt, white w/ a colorful race logo. I can post a picture when I'm home tonight Smile
      I like this idea. Perhaps you could create a group where people could post stuff they have to "trade". The only hitch I can see is a way to privately exchange address information. Confused Any ideas?
      Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

I like this idea. Perhaps you could create a group where people could post stuff they have to "trade". The only hitch I can see is a way to privately exchange address information. Confused Any ideas?
        That's one of the biggest complaints about the forums - no private messaging. It's coming w/the new version, which hopefully won't be too far off.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

this space for rent

Yeah, in the meantime, I guess we'd just have to do the typical encoded "blank at blank dot com" email exchange, then go back and edit it/delete it once the other person has the info they need. Not my favorite way of doing things, but on a site that requires membership like this, it's a little safer than average. I certainly wouldn't advocate exchanging full postal addresses on the message boards.