What's the event feature? (Read 860 times)

The Floor Walker

Eric, What is the deal with the "New Event" feature. Is this just a basic calendar option for planning upcomming runs or something entirely different? I entered a new event, an upcomming race next weekend, just to see what this thing was all about but am not sure if it did anything at all. I looked around the site for an explanation of this but didn't see anything. Could you please explain what this feature is for and how it works? Thanks and keep up the fierce work. Matt
    eric :)

Matt, The event feature is the stepping stone to upcoming features. Right now, it doesn't do much other than record an event/note, and only shows up on the monthly calendar page. I use it to record notes about my day and future races. The next step, which is what I'm working on right now, and probably for the next two months, is to add cross training support. The goal is to represent everything (running, swimming, weight lifting, upcoming races, reminders, scheduled workouts, etc) as events. After that, I'll add scheduling so that you'll get reminder of your upcoming events, similar to Microsoft Outlook or Hotmail. eric Smile

The Floor Walker

Ah okay that explains it and does sound like a useful feature. I should let you know though that mine is not working, unless I'm doing something wrong. I click "new event"; enter in the info, subject, date, time; click "save"; I check the monthly calendar and nothing shows up for the date I entered the info. I'm using the firefox browser, if that matters.

Hi Matt, I fixed your missing event problem. It's a (y2k) bug in the date picker under Fire Fox. Instead of setting the year to 2005, it was set to 2105. I haven't gotten around to fix the bug yet. By the way, while looking for the cause of the bug, I noticed you're doing Lake Winnie. I'm running it too, although I'm not sure which leg I'll be running. Maybe I'll see you out there. I'm in team 70. eric Smile

Ok, I changed the date picker script to ignore the date in the date field and to show the current month. It's not as helpful as before, where it tried to display the date in the date field, but still better than setting the year to 2105 instead of 2005 in some instances of Fire Fox.

The Floor Walker

Glad to hear you're running Winni. Looks like there's going to be a bunch of good teams this year. I'm with the open HFC Striders team (i think we are calling ourselves the HFC Bottle Openers!) We are looking to be one of the top contenders and hopefully can upset Coastal this year with a win. As of now, I'm on Leg 7 which I hear is quite a bit of hilly hellishness. Good luck, maybe I'll run into you. Matt

I wish you the best in de-throning Coastal. I'm rooting for our women's open team, since they came in first last year. As for me, I'm only there for the atmosphere. I'll be running for a non-competitive team, and found out last night that I will be doing double duty: #3 and #8, so you'll definitely see me out there. Anyway, best of luck to you. I heard the weather is going to cooperate too. eric Smile

The Floor Walker

Eric, Just curious how winni went for you and your team? We ended up sweeping with wins for Mens Open, Womens Open, and Mens Masters. It was definitely a good day for our club. Unfortunately Coastal never showed, so we weren't able to beat up on them, but hey a win is win (not to mention a club PR of 6:12:01!) I actually ended up running Leg 3 instead of Leg 7 due to a last minute change so I probably saw you somewhere around the Leg 3 start. Man, when I saw that hill I almost crapped my pants.... Matt