Some musings (Read 828 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In the listing of my shoes, the column that shoes whether shoes are active, it would be great if I could toggle shoe status from that page without having to go into full shoe edit mode. In the listing of courses, it would be great if I could set courses as commonly run versus reference courses. For example, I make a map of many of the marathons or 5ks that I may run once in my life (if at all) for reference, but there are other courses that I run every week. Right now, they all show in the drop-down listing for entering a new run workout. Thanks! Trent
    eric :)

I'm going to leave the edit thing as it is for now because it's not too often that you retire a shoe. Even if you run super miles, you'll still be doing it once or so a month. As for the courses, try enabling course filtering. Go to options / log preferences and put in x months. Any course that you haven't touched in that time will be filtered out. eric Smile
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks. About the filtering, when I apply filtering, courses also disappear from my course list page. I want to see them all there, but just a subset in the create workout page. Does that make sense? Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Thanks. About the filtering, when I apply filtering, courses also disappear from my course list page. I want to see them all there, but just a subset in the create workout page. Does that make sense? Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
          It makes sense, but I don't want to introduce more complexity into it. I don't think what you're asking is the most common use case and I don't want to add something for one person while confusing the rest. Like all other requests, if you can find supporters to your feature, I'll reconsider it. eric Smile
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It makes sense, but I don't want to introduce more complexity into it. I don't think what you're asking is the most common use case and I don't want to add something for one person while confusing the rest. Like all other requests, if you can find supporters to your feature, I'll reconsider it. eric Smile
            That too makes sense. Wait, should I start campagning? Wink Thanks Eric! And Happy Happy New Year!
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

More musings, from the log section: - Color the days on the calendar in which there is a workout. - Fix the X axis of the chart on the Summary view so that it does not vary with number of workouts (i.e., always show n days based on user preference) Thanks! T
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

More musings, from the log section: - Color the days on the calendar in which there is a workout.
                Ooh, yeah! And maybe we could color code them? Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

More musings, from the log section: - Color the days on the calendar in which there is a workout. - Fix the X axis of the chart on the Summary view so that it does not vary with number of workouts (i.e., always show n days based on user preference) Thanks! T
                  Someone a long time ago requested coloring the calendar. Is coloring them really necessary? You can tell quite easily which days contain workouts. I'll be redoing the charting stuff soon.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Coloring the calendar in not strictly necessary (of course neither is logging your running Wink ), but it is a very useful way for me to get a quick gestalt of what I am doing over the course of a month. Actually, a related thought is that it would also be great to see a calendar of the entire year. That provides a useful quick look of how often I am working out and how regularly my workouts are scheduled as the year progresses.
                      I agree with the calendar and colors. Stats and graphs are great for looking back at what you did. I find calendars are good for looking forward which to me is more important. I usually create a training plan in Excel for the next few months, iin a calendar form, where I color code the planned runs based on the type of workout. It gives me a good overview of what's coming. Here's an example that I'm currently still working on. 2007Cal.pdf Other data that I use is the % of increase in mileage between a week and the next, just to make sure I don't overdo it. The graph on the bottom is the same, the forcasted number of km a week with a moving average line. And three curves that plot 5%, 7.5% and 10% increases. I need to make sure I'm always close to the 5% curve to avoid injury. It's also a motivational tool. Each time I complete a run, I grey out the corresponding cell. It gives me an overview of what I've accomplished. Also, all the runs are numbered showing how many runs I have left until the next Marathon. I know Eric has "training plan" on his long "to do" list. ...just sharing how I currently work... - R
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Here is a view of a month with colors. I can, at a glance, get a quick idea of what was going on. There is a similar view for week and year.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In the summary view of the log, with the graph showing run distance on the Y axis and dates on the X axis, it would be great if weekends could somehow be distinguished. Perhaps you could make the background for weekend days a slightly darker color.