Evolution Running (Read 791 times)

Scout7

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of this, tried it, or know anything about it?

Dog-Love

Well just a guess..but maybe its human's evolution as running hunters and that if we run a certain way...like our old great great great great grandparents did..we could run very efficiently for a very long time. I wonder if this is sort of related to chi running. Maybe chi means evolution in some ancient now dead language and it was dug up for use with Tai chi and chi running to denote energy. Did I mention that I never heard of this?????
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      JakeKnight

Evolution is way over-rated. Ask any monkey.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Imminent Catastrophe

...Maybe chi means evolution in some ancient now dead language and it was dug up for use with Tai chi and chi running to denote energy. ...
          Or maybe dug up to sell DVDs? I don't know much about it but it sounds like the same thing as Chi Running, Pose Method, barefoot running, etc. Basically, landing on the forefoot instead of midfoot/heel.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Scout7

The reason why I ask this is because another forum which I read (geared mored towards triathlons, but hey), the owner/founder/whatever you call him posts on occasion. He was talking about his findings and how they relate to his method, and dispensing this advice (most of which I disagree with, or have seen studies to the contrary). I asked him if there studies available that discuss his findings, and his response was that, while he owns a sports lab and conducts tests, he doesn't have any peer-reviewed materials related to his findings. So, does that scream snake-oil, or am I just being too pessimistic?
              So, does that scream snake-oil, or am I just being too pessimistic?
              It shouts it from the roof tops. Big grin
              The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare. -- Juma Ikangaa, Tanzanian marathoner

Help to defeat Lou Gehrig's Disease. Please sponsor me in The Ride to Defeat ALS. I'm riding in memory of my dad.
              http://runpebsrun.blogspot.com