Running apps and run/walk (Read 156 times)

redleaf

I searched with no success so I thought I'd ask here.

Do any of the running apps (RunForth, Nike Running, MapMyRun, whatever) accommodate run/walk intervals? Ideally I could set the length in time of both portions (run and walk) and it'd have an alert or something to let me know when the time is up.

Thanks very much

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Fanilow

Endomondo has that capability. You can set up your own intervals and it makes a sound for walk, a different one for run. I'm sure there are other apps as well, this is just the only one I know about.

If you get a Garmin (more expensive than an app), you can set it up for intervals too.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

redleaf

Thanks. I have a garmin - but it's not linking to RA anymore so maybe I should figure that part out. Then the apps don't really matter. Except that I always have my phone Smile

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

You can do intervals on Runkeeper, too.

Burk

I use Time Runner on my android (I think it's on Google Play), you can set the intervals by time or distance.  About the only downside is the alert whistle which is kind of annoying.

GME

I use Runkeeper. You can set time intervals and you have the options of "easy," "steady," and "fast."

I know Nike Running app allows for walking/smartphone call breaks.