Maybe I'm Crazy, Maybe Not (Read 635 times)

I am running in a race this weekend (On Sunday) and its been almost a year since I ran a race....but Im finding that I keep going over it in my head (the race and strategy and on and on keep popping into my mind)....it's only a little 5K, but I'm pretty sure I will set a PR for this distance. I'm I finally going crazy, or do all of you do the same thing a couple of days before a race?? Confused Just curious Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching

Mainly the night before a race, in bed. But yeah, I think a bit 'o strategy and try to visualize running it well.

Run the race God set B4U

No, I don't think you are crazy at all. I do that too plus get nervous as a cat, you will do a great job and it sounds to me like you are focused, exactly what you need to be, Good Luck Smile
        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Best Present Ever

I do. And i feel nervous at the start, and sometimes have trouble sleeping the night before. It's perfectly ridiculous as a PR for me won't put me anywhere near winning anything. Why do I care so much? If you're crazy, you're at least not alone!
            I am running in a race this weekend (On Sunday) and its been almost a year since I ran a race....but Im finding that I keep going over it in my head (the race and strategy and on and on keep popping into my mind)....it's only a little 5K, but I'm pretty sure I will set a PR for this distance. I'm I finally going crazy, or do all of you do the same thing a couple of days before a race?? Confused Just curious Wink
            I have two 'goal' 5K races that I run every year that I get really wound up for. I don't even do yard work the week before the race for fear I'll throw my back out after doing hard intervals that week. Smile (I threw my back out two years ago clipping hedges while I was cooling down after an 8 mile run...went down three times just trying to get back to the house...sheesh) But anyway, yeah, I really zone into these two races. I replay my training, my intervals, and my strategy over and over. I've done a few pickup races and I'm pretty whatever about them. I know I'm not going to go out and blow the doors off or anything because that's not where my training is. I think the hardest thing for me is to actually stay relaxed before and during the race because I get so focused. Well, good luck, you're not alone! Smile
            Run like you stole something.
            Jayr

Not alone on this feeling John-A. My last 5k was way back in April, and had planned to do more; but as I see it... Try to conserve the first two, go hard the last. Now, with that said, don't run too slow the first two to put yourself behind your goal. Bring home the last mile with all you have, a mile is a very long run when you totally exaust yourself; you will be totally confident you gave your best effort and that's all you can do!!!! Good Luck. j Smile

A Saucy Wench

The bigger the race the farther ahead I go crazy.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Well, Its nice to know that I'm not alone......if Im not crazy then thats cool.....if I am crazy, then I'm in very good company.......... Smile Wink Tongue

double post....dont know why it does this from time to time...

Prince of Fatness

Either you're normal or we're both whacky. Wink

Not at it at all. 

Either you're normal or we're both whacky. Wink
                        My money's on....wacky x 2. Clowning around Have fun John! Run tall, race hard, finish strong.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

My money's on....wacky x 2. Clowning around Have fun John! Run tall, race hard, finish strong.
                          You're probable right Dawg......also, Ill see you in Baystate 2009.........am committed to running the BayState Marathon next year......... Smile Big grin Wink John