Thornes Park 5K Challenge Run series, Wakefield (Read 85 times)

Thornes5k

Wakefield is hosting its 2nd 5k Run Series in June (11th), July (9th) and August (13th) this year at Thornes Park. 

The course runs from the Athletic stadium through the park, past the duck pond, to offer a scenic run for all.

We would love to see all abilities attend one or all 3 events. So get your families together and whether you have little experience or you are a recreational runner or club runners...come along, everyone is welcomed (aged 11+). 

Each race starts at 7.15pm, pre-registration is advised, please contact  thornes5k@wakefield.gov.uk for further information and an entry form.

Early Bird, Normal and On the day prices available. Free T-shirt and discount for entering all 3 races.

This is how you find us on FB: facebook.com/thornes.fivek

Walk-Jogger

"Distance from Wakefield to Pullman is: 4576.1 Miles"

If it was less than 4500 miles I'd do  it, but that last 76.1 miles pushes over my travel limits for a 5K race. 

Retired &  Loving It

xhristopher

I live less than a mile from Wakefield. Off the top of my head I can think of over 55 5Ks yearly. Most of them are just 2 bucks on Wednesday. The course runs round the lake. In the summer they have a marathon and ultra that runs around the same lake many, many, many, many, many times. 

I live less than a mile from Wakefield. Off the top of my head I can think of over 55 5Ks yearly. Most of them are just 2 bucks on Wednesday. The course runs round the lake. In the summer they have a marathon and ultra that runs around the same lake many, many, many, many, many times. 

That's crazy talk.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I am running hills in Wakefield in the morning.

Runners run

"So, you know, people say the cold weather bothers me; only certain situations bother me. If it's raining and it's really cold and dry out, it's really hard to hold onto a knuckleball with your fingertips when it's that dry, but I haven't had a problem the last two outings I've had."

- Tim Wakefield

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

"I made my first couple of shots, which gave me a lot of confidence. Unfortunately I missed one shot, but we still got the win."

- Devin Thomas, Wake Forest 

Devin is a sophomore, and he plays the forward position.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

This morning when I was running my hill loops in Wakefield, I saw this Wakefield High School girl waiting for the bus. She was wearing only a hooded sweatshirt and leggings that covered about half of her calves, no gloves, and no hat. It was 2ºF (-17ºC). I passed her twice, which means she was there at least 7 minutes. She was holding a Dunkin' Donuts cup though.

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

'Wake, he lay, in a field. The sky rippled blue above him and blackbirds flew like darts. He thought to himself of what it meant to be alive, of the significance and insignificance of perception. He wondered if she ever thought of him and there in the dewy grass gave in once more to the flow of memory as it drifted back to her, once more, as it always did.

L Train

jules2

"Distance from Wakefield to Pullman is: 4576.1 Miles"

If it was less than 4500 miles I'd do  it, but that last 76.1 miles pushes over my travel limits for a 5K race. 

By a process of elimination it cant refer to Wakefield UK as I've been there and the chances of finding a duck pond in that s**theap is zero as it's to use one of your quaint expressions in our rust belt

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Walk-Jogger

By a process of elimination it cant refer to Wakefield UK as I've been there and the chances of finding a duck pond in that s**theap is zero as it's to use one of your quaint expressions in our rust belt

You might want to contact this guy and let him know about your elimination process:  thornes5k@wakefield.gov.uk

Retired &  Loving It

Thornes5k

Thornes 5K entry form available to download here. Early bird entries are now open!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx-xhbk2R5iuejRXZmJ2dWpraHM/edit?usp=sharing