Network Outage (Sept 13) (Read 1703 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

At around 4:05 AM EDT, the RA server rebooted to make the latest Windows updates to take effect.  However, one of these updates was not  successful, resulting in the web server to be unavailable.  I fixed the problem and the web server came back online at around 3:30 PM.  I apologize for any inconvenience or withdrawl this has caused.

Thank you for everyone that have emailed me regarding this problem.  In the future, if the RA server is unreachable for over 30 minutes, and if you have my phone number, please call me instead.  I'm usually in front of a computer (or two).  But in the rare chance that I'm not, I won't have email access either.

eric :-) 

Thanks Eric, I was a little worried at one point but all is good now

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

KMB

thanks eric

i was going to email but figured you either didnt have access or got inundated with emails alerting.

i was at first concerned for my log...

but then panicked when I realized tomorrow was a work day and what would I do if there was no bulletin board?  THANK GOD you fixed it.

Hope everybody is ok...

jkwhitfield

Thanks for getting it up and running again -- and thanks in general for making this great site available.
          eric :)

thanks eric

i was going to email but figured you either didnt have access or got inundated with emails alerting.

i was at first concerned for my log...

but then panicked when I realized tomorrow was a work day and what would I do if there was no bulletin board?  THANK GOD you fixed it.

Hope everybody is ok...

The data is fine.  The server just wasn't accepting any connections.  It took a while to go down to the data center and figure out why the server has no access to the internet.

Get Lost :)

Thanks Eric.

It reminded me to do two things:

1. Backup my data (Training Log > Tools > Download training data to your computer)

2. Donate to RA

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

2. Donate to RA

I was just thinking that I am overdue for that, too.  Thanks for that reminder! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I suffered a bad case of the D.T.'s there for awhile but I mainlined my fix and I am ok now.  Thanks Eric!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

When it wouldn't come up when I wanted to log my Sunday run, I tried to ping it and no reply too.....so I figured there was something weird going on..........

That's life in the GEEK world - sometimes....

Champions are made when no one is watching

jfa

I was forced to imagine a world without RA.com. It was not a pretty place.

Thanks again Eric!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For all those of you who felt lost and lifeless yesterday morning...

Support RunningAHEAD.com
                        Support RunningAHEAD.com!