Parents of cats (Read 511 times)

? I've noticed a spot on my kitten Loki's back that seems to be loosing hair. Everything I've seen on the net seems to make me believe it's ringworm. Now I'm keeping the kids away from him, trying to keep puppy away fom him and we're doing tons of handwashing. Other than taking him to the vet and getting charged an arm and leg to diagnose him have any of you delt with this any other way? Or should I just make him an appointment with the vet?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'd go with the vet. Don't have any experience with worms, I'm just lazy and cautious that way.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I'd go with the vet. Don't have any experience with worms, I'm just lazy and cautious that way.
        It's not "worms" it's a fungus infection (that is if that's what it is). I've just heard that you can treat it with stuff for athlete's foot. Just thought I'd see if anyone had ever treated it themselves. I've also read that most cats can get rid of it themselves. I'm just not a doctor person for me or my kids unless it's something I can't deal with myself.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

sometimes if you go to your local pet store they can recommend a good over the counter product to try... if not i'd say vet
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

sometimes if you go to your local pet store they can recommend a good over the counter product to try... if not i'd say vet
            Yep. (((Loki))) k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Thanks for the suggestion Sara! Will definetly do that. Thanks Kirsten! I'm not even sure that's it. It could be due to the fact that our puppy Kallie is always trying to pick Loki up by the neck (like a newborn puppy). Worst case scenario we all end up at the doctors for treatment *sigh*

No prob! I hate vet bills Shocked.. way over the top especially when it turns out to be the simplest solution
                  I'd go vet too, just to be safe. Hope Loki is better!
                  2009: BQ?
                    I have heard sometimes that cats, when stressed, will lick a place on their body until the hair falls out. In fact, I had a friend whose cat did this. Is the bald spot located in a location that she can reach with her mouth (i.e. lower down on the back)? Hope that you can get kitty fixed up!!
                    ---- Cynthia
                      How is kitty doing by now? Confused
                      ---- Cynthia