Did anyone watche Grey's ANatomy last night? (Read 863 times)

they had a runner in the er for passing out and hurting himself. Why did they cut open his legs? I missed that part. Confused

Jennifer mm#1231

vicentefrijole

I did. I didn't understand that at all. But that show isn't really about medicine, is it? Big grin Wink
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Acute compartment syndrome? That's all I got. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

He had a cute compartment? Is this a late night show?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

It was related to the aspirin he took ... and his muscles were breaking down and the aspirin accelerated it. Or something like that Blush
            ---- Cynthia
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of thread hijacking...I love the Tapir on their site! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I still didn't get what cutting his legs open did? did something drain? LOL. Confused ok. Maybe I'll use The Google and look up the ACS...

Jennifer mm#1231

Some info perhaps, before the thread got hijacked.
                  I poked around there... It looks like a fun group of people!

Jennifer mm#1231

I need details!! I was in Vegas & missed GA for the first time ever. Angry Don't get me wrong, I was having fun, but it's the only hour of TV I watch every week & I missed it!! So, what happened in the episode...other than the runner with ACS.
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I poked around there... It looks like a fun group of people!
                      Yeah, they are a lot of fun. Don't be shy over there...
                      JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Backroadrunner, go to ABC.com and you can watch the episode for free! There is one 30 second commercial in the middle, but it's an excellent way to catch back up! I love GA, but did think of that poor fella and his legs when I was out running today. I started on a round of Augmentin yesterday and starting thinking "I hope this isn't like what happened in the show....." I decided it was mostly fictional! Enjoy the show, Jilly
                        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

still alive

I still didn't get what cutting his legs open did? did something drain? LOL. Confused ok. Maybe I'll use The Google and look up the ACS...
                          My take on that is the inflammation and swelling was putting so much pressure on the blood supplies to the leg that they were basically shut off. (Remember in the scene when they said they couldn't detect a pulse in the legs?). Cutting open the skin, fascia and tissue relieves the pressure and allows the blood vessels to reinflate.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Backroadrunner, go to ABC.com and you can watch the episode for free!
                            Heh...she's got dial-up, poor girl! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Oh, then that is sad. Cry Poor thing! Jilly
                              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."