Treadmill Conversion (Read 269 times)

bhearn

But since air resistance increases exponentially as speed increases, 

Nit, air resistance increases quadratically, not exponentially. Power required to overcome it increases cubically.

Feeling the growl again

Nit, air resistance increases quadratically, not exponentially. Power required to overcome it increases cubically.

Do not cloud ignorance with hard facts.  How many ostriches have YOU coaches to survival from cheetah attacks??

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

It's a much bigger deal for me that it's January outside, but it feels more like June when i'm on the treadmill at the gym. Completely different experiences.

HermosaBoy

Do not cloud ignorance with hard facts.  How many ostriches have YOU coaches to survival from cheetah attacks??

Please limit discussion to human runners and do not include bi-pedal birds, dinosaurs or mythical beings...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

gpb

do not include bi-pedal birds

Aren't nearly all birds bipedal?  

As for treadmills, I have a footpod so I simply don't worry about what the treadmill says. I choose whichever one offers the best view.

Is that "special" treadmill visually different from any of the others? I'd be so very tempted to get a couple friends to help swap it with another one in the room after work one day just to mess with the guy.

Or I'd just pick up the banana and set it on a neighboring treadmill. What's he going to do, throw away his job over a treadmill?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Bring a bunch of bananas and set one on each treadmill.  Sort of a random act of kindness that nicely blurs the possession implication of the fruit.