Great run in my ninth week (Read 627 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

First time that I've run in the evening. Most of my runs to this point have been in the morning with a couple in the afternoon. Started my last week of the Couch to 5K training and turned in a sub 32 minute 3 mile run. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't hit the 10 min/mile pace, but I am pumped to have run 3 miles with no walking. Nice, easy pace and I felt strong at the end like I could have gone longer. Great for me, especially since 2 months ago I was struggling to run a quarter mile.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooO! That's great! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Go Pre!

WohooO! That's great! Big grin
        Yes, that is great. Keep at it...it even gets funner Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, that is great. Keep at it...it even gets funner Smile
          Wink When I finished C25k I also couldn't run the 3 miles in 30 minutes, but I can now, no prob. Just be patient, consistent, and pay close attention to your body and you'll get it. So are you registered for any races, yet? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Great job!!!! Don't worry about pace. Slow and uninjured is best!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

theyapper

On the road again...

Wink When I finished C25k I also couldn't run the 3 miles in 30 minutes, but I can now, no prob. Just be patient, consistent, and pay close attention to your body and you'll get it. So are you registered for any races, yet? Evil grin
              I really want my first race to be local, and I only know of 3. One is end of this month - not sure about that one. Another one is every year in May - that's a bit too long. The third one is September. Should I register for the one this month? Is that too much, too soon? Wait until September? Leads to another question about base mileage, but I think I'll start another thread for that.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Congrats! 3 miles in 32 minutes is super fast as far as I'm concerned!! Great job!! Races are really fun!! It's just the atmosphere and all of that. You could very easily run one at the end of this month. There will always be slow people (like me) who finish way behind your current pace, so why not go for it!! Whichever you choose, I can't wait to hear about your first one! Good luck!
                -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.
                  I'm willing to bet that if you enter that one at the end of the month, you'll be under the 10 minute pace easily. It will be race-day magic!