Will running help my hiking? (Read 381 times)

JimR

called very obscenity in the book. 

I believe you meant to type 'every' to imply quantity.  The word 'very' is an intensifier.

xhristopher

I've noted that seals seem to waddle, wiggle, and shimmy but I've never seen them run. I think it's absolutely amazing that you've gotten them to run on their toes because I didn't even know that had toes. You must discover some interesting things while studying them. I bet it's a fun job. Well, except for smelling like fish all the time.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FFS people.

You're referring to the seals video, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

BTW having some dude cut-and-paste your text into some article on military.com read by a bunch of wannabes, and actually have a role in directly training SEALs, are two very, very different things.

I fully agree. However as a SEAL, Stew is merely able to speak for my tactical students publicly. Its a safety issue for them. I'm still waiting for you to prove you can teach anyone at that level of physical skill for your criticism to have merit.

Not to mention that I'm currently conducting a study for the navy under the supervision of the US Marine Corps. So yes my connections to the military go beyond his article.

As to the topic of trail running, who better that military for a reference to why the intoed posture works.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xhristopher

I fully agree. However as a SEAL, Stew is merely able to speak for my tactical students publicly. Its a safety issue for them. I'm still waiting for you to prove you can teach anyone at that level of physical skill for your criticism to have merit.

Not to mention that I'm currently conducting a study for the navy under the supervision of the US Marine Corps. So yes my connections to the military go beyond his article.

As to the topic of trail running, who better that military for a reference to why the intoed posture works.

Are you saying you are working with the military on TOP SECRET running techniques and that the Marine Corps supervises the Navy? This is exciting!

JimR

Are you saying you are working with the military on TOP SECRET running techniques and that the Marine Corps supervises the Navy? This is exciting!

Well, of course!  The military highly recommends that you discuss work you are doing with them on the public internets.  EVERYONE knows that.   Smile

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Nothing top secret about it. Its simply testing what I teach.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

xhristopher

Yawn, it's gotta be top secret. Otherwise, why would the Marines have to supervise the Navy's seamen?

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Yawn, it's gotta be top secret. Otherwise, why would the Marines have to supervise the Navy's seamen?

Even more boring is your inability to discredit what I teach, not who I am. And that's the real joke isn't it....

The OP was about trail running, and I'm still waiting for better training advice than what I posted.

DaBurger

The OP was about trail running, and I'm still waiting for better training advice than what I posted.

Sorry bud, OP is asking if his running training should improving his hiking... nothing about running on trails there.

Know thyself.

xhristopher

Sorry bud, OP is asking if his running training should improving his hiking... nothing about running on trails there.

Plus, has anyone ever seen a seal on a hiking path. I haven't. Goat shit, yes. Plenty of it. Seals, no.

I've noted that seals seem to waddle, wiggle, and shimmy but I've never seen them run. I think it's absolutely amazing that you've gotten them to run on their toes because I didn't even know that had toes. You must discover some interesting things while studying them. I bet it's a fun job. Well, except for smelling like fish all the time.

That's a sea lion you jack hole.

Runners run

Is a Sea lion anything like a sea bear.  If so what sets it off? Sea bears can be stopped by a circle

xhristopher

Crap! There's a difference?

Ok, after internet research I've determined SEALS are small, furry, and white. They look nothing like sea lions.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

What if you run on hiking trails?