Feels so good (Read 833 times)

Up until the last 4 weeks or so, I have been sidelined with P.F. since the first part of last November. This injury prevented me from running the Dallas White Rock Marathon with my wife; although I think I made a pretty good support person/cheerleader! During my time away I tried spinning classes and a friends EFX machine to try and keep my cardio up. Not only did they cause the pain in my foot to increase, I found them somewhat boring compared to running. My P.T. suggested swimming. At least that didn’t cause me any pain. Once I convinced myself to swim 3-4 times per week, I started to enjoy it. But I have to admit that once my P.T. said I could slowly start running again, I stopped swimming without giving it a second thought. It has been so hard getting my cardio back that there have been times when I thought I would never get there. My wife has been so supportive that I can not express it to anyone who may be reading this, although I have tried to tell her. Today I think I had a break through on a 4.2 mile run. After about two miles I hit a stretch of maybe ½ mile or so where I felt like I was gliding; my breathing was deep but not ragged, my legs weren’t tired and I broke out in this huge smile….YES, this is what I felt like before P.F. got me! I felt so good for that brief moment, that it pretty much carried me to the end of my run, with a fairly strong finish. I apologize if I have bored anyone, but I am so pumped right now, I had put it into words. I am on the right path back! WOOOHOOOOO! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
    "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
      Way to go Hawk Runner!!!!! Welcome back!! I know exactly what you mean, it is hard to get back into your groove. I was sidelined for 8 weeks w/ stress fractures & I had to kick myself a few times & run some crappy runs to feel it again. Keep running.... Big grin Big grin Big grin Eryn
      So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Today I think I had a break through on a 4.2 mile run. After about two miles I hit a stretch of maybe ½ mile or so where I felt like I was gliding; my breathing was deep but not ragged, my legs weren’t tired and I broke out in this huge smile….YES, this is what I felt like before P.F. got me! I felt so good for that brief moment, that it pretty much carried me to the end of my run, with a fairly strong finish.
        That sounded like a runner's high! Spouses of runners are saints in my book. They deal with our obsessive compulsive need to run, and some even accompany us to races. Kudos to all the spouses out there that support us in our silly little sport.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, that has to be the BEST feeling in the world! I hope the PF doesn't return. I know my DH's aunt was sidelined by that for a while and she lives to run marathons and other long distance events. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome back! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

I've heard so many stories of people being sidelined with PF. I had PF before I started running. It's gone now. Confused Not that I'm complaining. Big grin I'm glad you're back to running!!