More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

If you start using rankine I'll start using cubits.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

joescott

I couldn't resist posting to this old thread.

17 miles today.  12 degrees F.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you start using rankine I'll start using cubits.

Waiting to see this show up on the feature request thread.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I couldn't resist posting to this old thread.

17 miles today.  12 degrees F.

it's all good, fun thread, although I will have to move to have any reasonable chance of club membership living  ne of Seattle.   10.6 yesterday at 24 degrees.  probably as close as will come.  could move to Eastern side of state, or visit daughter at WSU.  Guess could put on some aktraks & go trailrunning up in the Cascades.

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

Just found this thread -- as of 2011 -- 1/1/11 5  miles -- temperature: 3 degrees Fahrenheit.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

My run on 12/28    0 degrees, 5 miles.   

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

keeponrunning

Had to bring this back for all running nut-jobs Joking

I ran 7mi today, it was 6F at the start of my run, 2F at the end.  (don't ask how it dropped 4F in an hour, I'm going by the weather networks temperatures).  No windchill, thank goodness.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

the man put the gun away

6 when it was 5 this morning

18 miles, 16 degrees today.

bhearn

Way more miles than degrees M-F this week... I was in Banff; typically it was 15 below every day when I went running.*

*Which is why I did everything on the indoor 100m track. But hey, I still managed 0 every day outdoors, which is more miles than degrees.

Blaaahhhh

Does this count? I was outside feeding the horses when I saw that it was -3F, so I ran across the yard to the barn. Just to make sure I had all my bases covered I ran backwards for a bit too. I would add it to my running log, but then I'd have include Arctic Cat snow boots under running gear.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Not sure what's up with me.  I usually lock up in the basement with the dreadmill, but this winter I've been getting out. 

Yesterday afternoon 3.5 mi at 2degrees .....  This morning 11mi at 7degrees. 

Tim 

JimR

easy to achieve today, it as -4F when I went out.  10 1/4 miles.

My dog and I just did a mile @ 0 degrees. It was all sunshiney, so I had no idea it was that cold until I got going and my breath started freezing,