cellulite (Read 2021 times)

Hey, nice marmot!

I'm not sure how this would work for cellulite exactly, but in my opinion, the burpee is the ultimate form of bodyweight exercise that requires no additional equipment (other than your own bad self). Here's a description of what I'm talking about: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rossboxing2.htm I recommend doing them in "descending sets" as described here: http://www.geocities.com/rutgerseskrima/art_prison.html This workout won't make you bulky, but will tone nearly every muscle between your neck and your ankles.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Imminent Catastrophe

burpees are tough.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I thought burpees were those vile little pieces of cloth that you put on the front of babies to catch their vomit and the general nastiness that comes out of their mouths. Confused
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

oh burpees. What a fun word. Clowning around

skinnycaponesugar

Long live the board shorts!
            board shorts are cool, me thinks. My cellulite isn't too bad, it depends mostly on the lighting Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

Donkey kicks will probably work better. Hold on to the back of a chair and kick each leg out ..straight back, and some to the side. Get your foot up level with your butt cheek and kick your leg straight out. Smile
              In this case, wouldn't they be ass kicks rather than donkey kicks? Clowning around

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

SMART Approach

Yes, there is a genetic component to cellulite. I have done thousands of skinfold bodyfat tests and have seen a lot of bodies. Yes, thin or perceived thin people can have cellulite. Strength training is more likely to improve look of area than running. I also know that just dropping bodyfat will help however you do it. The issue is that you have a connective tissue surrounding fat cells. Those that have cellulite have a very thin layer of connective tissue which allows the fat to be visualized through the skin. Those who have a thicker layer of connective tissue may not visualize the fat (cellulite) as much. It is less common in men, but I have seen it more than you might think. BTW, I know of no permanent way to thicken the connective tissue. The goal is to improve the look of the area and drop the fat.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The goal is to improve the look of the area and drop the fat.
                  Or wear board shorts. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

In this case, wouldn't they be ass kicks rather than donkey kicks? Clowning around
                    Stand closer..and I'll check! Big grin

Runners run

I'm not sure how this would work for cellulite exactly, but in my opinion, the burpee is the ultimate form of bodyweight exercise that requires no additional equipment (other than your own bad self). Here's a description of what I'm talking about: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/rossboxing2.htm I recommend doing them in "descending sets" as described here: http://www.geocities.com/rutgerseskrima/art_prison.html This workout won't make you bulky, but will tone nearly every muscle between your neck and your ankles.
                      I did some of these in my old boot camp class. I'm gonna try them again. Love the prison article!!!!

- Anya

kcam

The 'burpee'! I still do burpees as I watch television in the evenings. I was first intro'd to the lovely burpee (they even called 'em by that name back then) when I was in Pop Warner football -maybe 9 or 10 years old. We hated 'em, the coaches loved 'em, sadistic bastids! Definitely a great excercise.

SMART Approach

Thanks all. Yes, genetics. And for me it was the weight gain. I will keep trying. And it does appear improved, more firmer. It's just not the a*s I used to have. It's too bad, I'd love to walk the beach in just a bathing suit. Thank god board shorts are in. I will try some of the lunges, but that always seems to just work my quads.
                          Squats, one leg squats and walking lunges are excellent if done in correct form. Anya, you probably feel the quad more in lunges because you may be pressing from the toe/ball of foot or allowing knee to go past the toe. When done correctly you will feel it big time on backside in upper/inner hamstring/adductors and glutes. The quads are a player also but I rarely get sore in quads when doing them even with 50 lbs dumbbells. The key is a nice full stride with a straight body. Also, land on the heel and push from heel while always keeping the knee above ankle. It may take time for many to loosen up the hammys, hip flexors etc. but when you get it down it is awesome. When I do them I never let the ball of my foot ever touch the ground only my heel. Of course this is a great exercise for balance and core strength also and practice makes perfect. The lunge is one hell of an exercise for runners and an excellent functional exercise for all running sports. Work on the form though!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Squats, one leg squats and walking lunges are excellent if done in correct form. Anya, you probably feel the quad more in lunges because you may be pressing from the toe/ball of foot or allowing knee to go past the toe. When done correctly you will feel it big time on backside in upper/inner hamstring/adductors and glutes. The quads are a player also but I rarely get sore in quads when doing them even with 50 lbs dumbbells. The key is a nice full stride with a straight body. Also, land on the heel and push from heel while always keeping the knee above ankle. It may take time for many to loosen up the hammys, hip flexors etc. but when you get it down it is awesome. When I do them I never let the ball of my foot ever touch the ground only my heel. Of course this is a great exercise for balance and core strength also and practice makes perfect. The lunge is one hell of an exercise for runners and an excellent functional exercise for all running sports. Work on the form though!
                            Thanks TChuck. I know I don't do them correct. My boot camp instructor used to yell at me and tell me I was going to get hurt. I find it very difficult to do them correctly. I'm not sure why. I will re read your instructions and do some more research on line and tryi to watch a video showing the correct way, to see what I'm doing wrong, and try them again. I really want to learn the correct way, since everyone says its a great excercise. My old instructor was really mad at me for being so stupid!!!! Thanks again!

- Anya

SMART Approach

Anya, You just probably need to loosen up a bit. Start with a shorter range of motion by a wall to keep balance or do standing lunges. Standing lunges may be a good starting point to get form down. Full stride forward, plant, push heel down, pause, push back from heel. Or you can stride back then lunge down pushing from heel and go back to start position and repeat on other side.