If you could put up to 3 Bumper Stickers on your Car, what would they be? (Read 410 times)

Yooper3.1

Oh, I think we lost Yooper a few pages ago. You're welcome.

Thank you for thinking of me.  Yes, I got busy and had to leave the discussion. Unfortunately, I posted the link to the Regernus study in haste.  That was sloppy of me.  Instead, I should have taken the time to look more closely at the deficiencies in the study that you posted, such as the use of a self-selecting population, instead of a random population (see http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/12/646 under the subheading "Methods/design - Recruitment").  But it appears that we've moved on.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Saw this today while in line to pick up the unwashed kid from camp -- snapped it for his appreciation.  I'd put this on my car.  Especially if it came with any of the past 3 doctors...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

But it appears that we've moved on.

One can hope.

GC100k

Saw this one yesterday:

"better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6"

I don't get it.  I mean I understand it literally that you'd rather be on trial than be dead in a coffin.  But what is this referring to?  Is there some particular political or social situation they're addressing?  Are there situations where those are your only two choices?

I don't get bumper stickers anyway.  Their only purpose is to boast or to piss people off, and this thread backs that up.  But I don't understand how I'm supposed to be impressed by or offended by the above bumper sticker.

Feeling the growl again

It refers to self defense.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I don't get bumper stickers anyway.  Their only purpose is to boast or to piss people off, and this thread backs that up.  

Talking specifically on Political stickers,  I do agree with you fully and am displeased with folks who put political stickers on their car.   Especially if they call folks who voted for that candidate stupid. (regardless of which party the sticker is directed at.)  I think any pro- or anti-religion stickers only increase conflict as well. 

And self admittedly, I thought there was nothing but a positive message in "Coexist" and "Equality", I thought those 2 pretty harmless.  But this thread has awakened me to how "Coexist" can be taken as negative by different groups, and same for Equality.

--- I'll just stick with the 100K sticker-----Which may be boasting?  I'm just proud of the achievement, but don't want to do something so permanent as getting a tattoo of such.  You can always change your mind with a sticker. Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Currently, I have a magnet for my running club, a magnet of a hibiscus flower, and  a window cling from undergrad. I also have a window cling from grad school, but have yet to attach it. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What is a window cling?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yooper3.1

And self admittedly, I thought there was nothing but a positive message in "Coexist" and "Equality", I thought those 2 pretty harmless.  But this thread has awakened me to how "Coexist" can be taken as negative by different groups, and same for Equality.

I am happy to hear that.  I suspect that many folks who put Equality stickers on their cars are well-intentioned and have never seriously thought about the problems with gay "marriage."  My goal in posting was to point out those problems. Thank you for your consideration.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

What is a window cling?

Bling that clings.

GC100k

And self admittedly, I thought there was nothing but a positive message in "Coexist" and "Equality", I thought those 2 pretty harmless.  But this thread has awakened me to how "Coexist" can be taken as negative by different groups, and same for Equality..

Those stickers are just as in-your-face as any other religious or social sticker.  You're implying that others don't want to coexist or that others' beliefs don't allow coexistence.  The only reason to have one is to say "my religion is right and yours is wrong".

Those stickers are just as in-your-face as any other religious or social sticker.  You're implying that others don't want to coexist or that others' beliefs don't allow coexistence.  The only reason to have one is to say "my religion is right and yours is wrong".

"Have Another Beer"

by which I am implying that you should have another beer, AND my beer intake is superior to yours.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That reminds me...I still need to get a FSM sticker/magnet.

~ Sarah Kay

GC100k

That reminds me...I still need to get a FSM sticker/magnet.

Didn't they stop making those about 2007?  I think I have a link on my MySpace blog about Borat.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Didn't they stop making those about 2007?  I think I have a link on my MySpace blog about Borat.

You still have MySpace...wow.

~ Sarah Kay