Innocence... :) (Read 683 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Guys help me out here! Two recent threads have been locked because of "trolling". What on earth is "trolling"!! Is it: (a) a method of catching deep sea fish (b) a method of catching little scary monsters who live under bridges (c) a method of catching my attention?

scrumhalfgirl

A "troll" is someone who comes onto online message boards to stir up trouble. So, I guess "trolling" is the action verb. There are some big MBs where this is a HUGE problem.

-Jess

Purdey

Self anointed title

Jess - thank you. Clearly some people have way too much time.... Confused

JakeKnight

Guys help me out here! Two recent threads have been locked because of "trolling". What on earth is "trolling"!! Is it: (a) a method of catching deep sea fish (b) a method of catching little scary monsters who live under bridges (c) a method of catching my attention?
          Wow - you *are* innocent! Here's more than you ever wanted to know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll As for those threads ... I rather strongly suspect "Ibelford" and "Cathoholic" and "fatcracker" were all one and the same person. Who probably never ran a step in his life. Some trolls are funny; some are clever. He was neither. And made the classic trolling mistake of replying too quickly to himself in the same thread. The only thing that made him amusing was the place he chose to troll. Most stick to boards that cover something controversial: trolls are always a problem at boards discussing politics, or religion, or sex ... or pretty much anything people get excited about. But trolling here? Very, very strange. I only have one theory: maybe he was a disgruntled former runner, drummed out of his high school cross country team after a doping scandal, and is now stuck living in his parents basement, nursing his anti-runner grudge? Okay, it's just a theory.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

You'll ruin your knees!

...or maybe he was a football player who hated running laps for screwing up! Oh, did I say that out loud? my sport is punishment in your sport Tongue

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Or maybe his pet gerbil was trampled to death by the front runners in the Boston Marathon and he's sworn revenge on runners everywhere? Confused

maybe he was a disgruntled former runner, drummed out of his high school cross country team....
                Kicked off the C-Team?
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                Cathoholic

Sounds like you are trolling Jake. jlynnbob replied a few minutes after you, are you jlynnbob?
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Sounds like you are trolling Jake. jlynnbob replied a few minutes after you, are you jlynnbob?
                    ::yawn:: Hungry tonight, Cathoholic? Was nobody feeding you? Poor thing... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

Not yet - but I'm working on it! Gimme a few years, my trollicious friend.