Not a movie buff, but ..."300" I am so there! (Read 755 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/ I haven't been to the movies in years, but this one will get me back there! This gets my blood pumping! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Scout7

Is this the one about the Spartans? Oh yeah!!!!!!
      JakeKnight

The Battle of Thermopylae is arguably the greatest story in ancient history. 300 Spartans and a few thousand Thebans and Thespians and their helots against Xerxes' army of a million Persians. Dienekes' "then we will fight in the shade" and Leonidas' "Molon labe" are still among the most immortal words ever uttered. If you haven't read Stephen Pressfield's Gates of Fire about Thermopylae, you should - even if you don't read much. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVED "Sin City" and this looks every bit as visually impressive. Hubby and I can't wait to see this, either. Anyone wanna come watch our rugrat so we can go? Big grin k (I may be a girl, but I'm so not into most chick flicks--stuff like this is way more up my alley)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Xerxes Persian King)- "Surrender, or our arrows will blot out the sun!" Leonidas (Head Spartan dude)- "Good, then we shall fight in the shade" Now that's just gutsy! Jake's right...GATES OF FIRE is an awesome read!
            I LOVED "Sin City" and this looks every bit as visually impressive. Hubby and I can't wait to see this, either. Anyone wanna come watch our rugrat so we can go? Big grin k (I may be a girl, but I'm so not into most chick flicks--stuff like this is way more up my alley)
            Sure, just drop 'em off at my house on the way to the show Wink And what's wrong with chick flicks? I love a good cry Cry and a happy ending Big grin! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like *some* chick flicks..."Pretty Woman" is a classic, as is the first "Bridget Jones' Diary" (haven't seen the sequel, but I heard it wasn't nearly as good), but most are just way too formulaic and don't hold my attention. k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Just got back from the theater...great flick... leave the wife and kids home for this one.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

leave the wife and kids home for this one.
                  Wha...? I wanna go! Man, was today the opening? Gah, I wanna see this! I hope my MIL comes up soon (and I don't even like her, so that's how much I want to see this) so that we have someone to watch DS for a couple of hours. Was it every bit as good as I had heard early reviewers predicting it? k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Wha...? I wanna go! Man, was today the opening? Gah, I wanna see this! I hope my MIL comes up soon (and I don't even like her, so that's how much I want to see this) so that we have someone to watch DS for a couple of hours. Was it every bit as good as I had heard early reviewers predicting it? k
                    Yes today is the opening. You mean you haven't been counting the days until the opening? I actually didn't hear any early reviews, so I can't comment. Also, I don't want to say any more, don't want to spoil it for anybody. Tight lipped

Prophet!

i heard that lots of people die in this movie Wink , can't wait to check it out this weekend...
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes today is the opening. You mean you haven't been counting the days until the opening?
                        Nah...'cause I knew we wouldn't be able to see it opening weekend. Pre-kid we used to see anything that looked good opening weekend, but it's been a few years since we had that luxury. Although we will be seeing the 3rd Shrek flick, 3rd Spiderman, and The Simpsons as soon as they open, since the rug-rat can come with us! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

i heard that lots of people die in this movie Wink , can't wait to check it out this weekend...
                          *gasp* Dude, where's your spoiler warning?! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

va

Nah...'cause I knew we wouldn't be able to see it opening weekend. Pre-kid we used to see anything that looked good opening weekend, but it's been a few years since we had that luxury. Although we will be seeing the 3rd Shrek flick, 3rd Spiderman, and The Simpsons as soon as they open, since the rug-rat can come with us! Big grin k
                            I typically don't go to a movie opening weekend because I don't like to wait in long lines and get a crappy seat in a crowded theater, but I am off from work this week, and really wanted to see this one, so I fandango-ed the ticket and got there early...

Prophet!

is it true that no 'real' abs were harmed during the filming of this picture ?