business trip to toronto (Read 918 times)

Go Pre!

Oops...High Park it is!!! I don't think I am due back in Toronto until fall - I may take you up on your offer to meet for a run!
    The fall? How about one of our many half or full marathons....your choice, Labour Day (HM only) Sept 28 half or full) Oct 19th (half or full) Nov 2nd (half or full) Smile
      FYI, this is where I live and run frequently. Leslie Spit is smelly gross and nasty in hot weather.
      Sorry about the situation in your neighbourhood daddyo Tongue

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Hey, Pat, long time no hear, I thought you fell off the Earth or something. Good to see you're still running...how's thing?
        Actually I guess I did falloff......got injured 5 years ago. I didn't start running again until late last summer. No sign of any problems though. I've entered a 30k (Mid summers night run) in August and the Scotia bank Marathon. I see you're running enough to circle the earth, good work!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

The fall? How about one of our many half or full marathons....your choice, Labour Day (HM only) Sept 28 half or full) Oct 19th (half or full) Nov 2nd (half or full) Smile
          I've tried to schedule trips to Toronto around one of the races but have been unsuccessful. Maybe this will be the year, although I already have a marathon planned for 11/9....gotta plan around the training for that one.

Go Pre!

Sorry about the situation in your neighbourhood daddyo Tongue
            It's 'near'where I live. The nasty part is out on the spit (peninsula for those wondering) where the goose crap is.
              All good suggestions. Waterfront trail will give you a taste of both of Toronto's fall marathons. High Park will give you a sampling of the Harry Rosen Spring Run-Off, a spring classic. Mill Street Brewery would be my preference over Steamwhistle, though both facilities are nice. Amsterdam (http://www.amsterdambeer.com/) also make fine brews and are readily available around the city. As others have mentioned, I am also running Midsummer's (only the 15k, I'm a puss) and Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon. Others should consider the Oakville HM on Sept 1 as a good tune-up race for a fall marathon. Also note, first fee increase is today, midnight. Register now and save $15... There are now at least 4 RAers I know of running Midsummer's, so a meet-up is needed. Word is there is a beer garden afterwards. Giddy up.
              JimR

It's 'near'where I live. The nasty part is out on the spit (peninsula for those wondering) where the goose crap is.
                Ah, that's just a short section, lasts less than a minute. The spit's one of my favourite weekend runs. Get to the top of the lighthouse and spend a few minutes just looking at the skyline and the boats and the island. No traffic, no exhaust, just the sound of the wind and the birds. I've lost count of the number of times people have had me take their pictures on the platform.
                JimR

I've tried to schedule trips to Toronto around one of the races but have been unsuccessful. Maybe this will be the year, although I already have a marathon planned for 11/9....gotta plan around the training for that one.
                  Sources for race listings in Ontario and the GTA: Road Race Results Sportstats Chip Time Results RRResults Running Room
                    Ah, that's just a short section, lasts less than a minute. The spit's one of my favourite weekend runs. Get to the top of the lighthouse and spend a few minutes just looking at the skyline and the boats and the island. No traffic, no exhaust
                    http://www.friendsofthespit.ca/images/File0176.jpg%20Spit,%20aerial%20view.jpg Like this one? Wink

There are now at least 4 RAers I know of running Midsummer's, so a meet-up is needed. Word is there is a beer garden afterwards. Giddy up.
                      I'm in Big grin

Go Pre!

what better time to fire up a group for us locals! http://www.runningahead.com/groups/GTA/ Come, let it be known if you are running Midsummer's or any other GTA events. Dave