Couple of question on pacing and stoplights.. (Read 1158 times)

I actually run faster outside, I'm not sure why. I know it tends to be opposite for people. I think part of it is because it gets so hot in the gym that I run in. It sometimes feels like a sauna in there. When I run outside, with the breeze going, I run a lot faster and easier.
    I find it's the same for me. Even when I try to go easy outside, my pace is usually better than my treadmill pace. I also blame part of it on the heat in the gym - yuck!

Prophet!

do you use the same treadmill or use multiple ones with the same effect ? I always wonder how accurate treadmills speeds are, particularly at the gym where they get used and abused a lot.
        I sometimes use treadmills at work. There are 6 treadmills in the gym and they all have different pacing and they're all off. When I got the Garmin off of Amazon, it came with a free footpod so I use that to keep my pace on the treadmills now. I too find it harder to run on a treadmill than outside. I get bored easily so I'm too focused on the time. Now I listen to the PODRUNNER podcasts and I just zone out to the beat. It's also too hot in the gym so I try to get a treadmill by a fan. Still, I find it harder.
        "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

I run for Fried Chicken!

do you use the same treadmill or use multiple ones with the same effect ? I always wonder how accurate treadmills speeds are, particularly at the gym where they get used and abused a lot.
          I jump around alot, the gym I go to has probably 20 treadmills and I run on whatever is available but I'm consistently faster on the street than on the treadmill. I really think it's the heat in the gym, there have been times where I've walked in there and it almost feels like a sauna. I figure it'll be good training so when I run races outside, they'll be a breeze! Pun intended. Big grin