Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

Yes, I hear Obama won one of those awards. Impressive. 

I'm thinking the focus should have been on OBAMA'S budget proposals, since, you know that has been his job for 3 years, yet he got zero votes for two or three years.  Is Obama not listening to this guy?

Well, that character happens to be one of the smartest financial guys around. He even won a little award for it once. But sure he is biased. That does not mean the concerns he has are wrong. Can you address his concerns about Ryan's budget proposals?

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I have given some time to think over what was going on in Ryan's head. A middle age guy who is in good shape. Used to be a decent athlete. Knows guys who go sub 3. Believes he's a better athlete than his sub-3 colleagues. Speculates he coulda been a contender (sorry Marlon Brando). He just didn't put in the work.

Does that translate further? I don't know. Doubt it. Ya never know. They are all politicians.

It's a funny thing. I told someone on this board a couple of years ago that I had a particular Alice Cooper album with girls panties and sold it to a friend. I have recently been in touch with that friend (a music producer). I reminded him that I had sold him that album. He said that I did sell him the mass produced album but not the rare 'panty' album. We laughed about as pubescent teens we talked incessantly about the panty album. Hence my confusion. Or was it more sinister?

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

yet he got zero votes for two or three years.

I honestly don't understand this point.

And I was not aware that President Obama ever got a Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. I'd love to see a reference to support your assertion that he got one.

You mentioned Ryan's budget proposal. President Obama presents a budget proposal to be voted on by Congress each year.  The latest budget proposal for FY 2013 received a 0-414 vote in the House of Representatives.  This has happened more than once.  Not even Democrats voted for his proposal.  When I asked if Obama isn't listening to this guy (Krugman), my point was that since (according to you) he is one of the smartest financial guys around, shouldn't he help Obama come up with something that at least one Democrat would approve when put to a vote?

Obama won a Nobel Peace prize, because, well, I guess he's the most peaceful guy around... or he was at the time of his award.  I don't have a reference for this. It's just hearsay. 

I honestly don't understand this point.

And I was not aware that President Obama ever got a Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. I'd love to see a reference to support your assertion that he got one.

dennrunner

RA really needs an On the Beaten Path forum for these types of threads.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You mentioned Ryan's budget proposal. President Obama presents a budget proposal to be voted on by Congress each year.  The latest budget proposal for FY 2013 received a 0-414 vote in the House of Representatives.  This has happened more than once.  Not even Democrats voted for his proposal.  When I asked if Obama isn't listening to this guy (Krugman), my point was that since (according to you) he is one of the smartest financial guys around, shouldn't he help Obama come up with something that at least one Democrat would approve when put to a vote?

Obama won a Nobel Peace prize, because, well, I guess he's the most peaceful guy around... or he was at the time of his award.  I don't have a reference for this. It's just hearsay. 

Nobel Peace Prize ≠ Nobel Prize in Economics. Just because Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize does not mean he won a Nobel Prize in Economics.

Krugman advised a prior administration. Obama has his own economic advisors. I don't know if he's asked Krugman or not, but right now, Krugman is not in a position to advise Obama.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I am kind of enjoying the animated gifs.

Nobel Peace Prize ≠ Nobel Prize in Economics. Just because Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize does not mean he won a Nobel Prize in Economics.

Krugman advised a prior administration. Obama has his own economic advisors. I don't know if he's asked Krugman or not, but right now, Krugman is not in a position to advise Obama.

Maybe Obama should hire Krugman. That would be a powerful think-tank, and the world may embrace a double Nobel team.  Obviously, his current advisors aren't Nobel Prize winners in Economics (haven't confirmed that, but have witnessed the past 3 years).

I believe a new school of economic thought is necessary to beat the challenges we have.  

I haven't heard the solution from either party.

I'm tired of Friedman and Keynes.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow Trent, you are incredibly intelligent. I like how you made that easy to understand with the not equal sign. I was confused but I get it now.

Queen of 3rd Place

Heh, there's already a facebook group dedicated to the topic. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/521448641205198/

Ex runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow Trent, you are incredibly intelligent. I like how you made that easy to understand with the not equal sign. I was confused but I get it now.

I'm not sure I understand the point you are making.

dennrunner

He says you're smart. Now go back to your chewy pine cone.

xhristopher

Heh, there's already a facebook group dedicated to the topic. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/521448641205198/

From that group:

‎"Forgetting whether your marathon personal best is above 4 hours or below 3 hours is like forgetting whether your spouse is a man or a woman."