Dressing Like A Runner (Read 1529 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Pretty much all I wear. We havent bought a T-shirt in 6 years and the drawer is over-flowing with them at this point.
    I anoint you, Sir Runner Dork Big grin
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Greatest of All Time

If there's one advantage to having to fight tooth-and-nail to keep at a healthy weight, this is probably it. I can't slack much. If I do I will end up looking like every female on my dad's side of the family...as wide as I am tall. At 5'3.5" and 140-145#s I am BY FAR the tallest and thinnest (and most "athletic") woman in the family. That's a pretty sad state of affairs....
      I am fighting 'fat genes' too ZZ. It's a real bitch too. My mom's side of the family are all fat and the two times in my adult life I have gotten heavy you could see me starting to look just like them. Eww. These days I look more like my skinny father and have the weird eating habits to go along with it. <sigh>
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      HOSS1961

Heh...my MIL weighs almost exactly what I do, but is 4.5" taller (and repeatedly tells me how *fat* she is...which really bugs the hell out of me. Yeah, bitch...if you are fat I must be morbidly obese). While I am carrying a few extra #s, I have bloodwork #s and BP that is out-of-this-world...and she is on statin drugs. Hmmm....
        You go zoomie Wink
        HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
          It's the people that don't have to struggle that amaze me. People like my daughters boyfriend. We arew all pllaying cards one night after awhile I pour out a couple of small bowls of popcorn for munchies. He says no thankyou I just finished a big Coke. ???? Do I wish a Coke would turn off my cravings for something to munch on.
          Are you sure that your daughters boyfriend does not have to try. Possibly its because he will skip that pop-corn why it seem that way (Just a thought). My sister who is three years my junior at 38 looks in very decent shape. You could say exceptional. She was athletic and involved in sports up to university. Now she does little or no exercise, however she is very discipline with her diet, people either make fun that she does not eat or sometimes remark that she does not try. For myself I eat way too much but many times when I refuse food because I know that I am going overboard usually close to a race people will remark that “Ah its nothing look at you, you are lucky.” The same folks who will talk about me been able to eat a lot because I run or starving myself or that I run too much or whatever the heck come to their mind to say. These are family members and friends. At 6ft a few years ago, I was up to 240lbs and I still did look fit. Hard work brought me down to 170-180 depending on when you weigh me. My DW side of the family in my opinion are not necessarily concerned with what or how they eat. Which does not bother me the biggest problem is when they or someone else has a problem with me been careful and wanting me to be like them. Now that drives me up the wall. Then there are my kids for whom it is impossible for me to set diet standards because of all the intrusion. I have them in many physical activities to try to keep them healthy, but my daughter is tinkering on developing a little weight issue. It drives me up the wall when they give her all kinds of unhealthy stuff and then say “not to worry tomorrow you will just swim that off” (I have them both in competitive swimming”. They are giving her a 2K-calorie bag of snack loaded with trans fat and making these asinine remarks. Just me ranting. I guess we should go back to the original thread. I almost never wear running clothes unless running.