Torn Hip Labrum - advice, recovery and experiences (Read 1147 times)

cpresson

No, I haven't ever considered those. I've always been what we called "double-jointed" in my elbows, but I never experienced injuries in the past like I have the past 2-3 years. Lately it literally has been one thing after another. I can't make sense of it at all and it is extremely frustrating and very likely will limit my time in the military Sad

Hip Redux

Take a look at this test and see how you make out:

http://hypermobility.org/help-advice/hypermobility-syndromes/beighton-score/

It wouldn't surprise me that if you are hypermobile in your elbows that you would be elsewhere as well.

Dmlc

Hello everyone ! I'm three days post-op and so far so good ! The surgeon ended up shaving down my socket and hip, decompressed my anterior inferior iliac spine, put 4 anchors in my labrum and a stitch in one of my ligaments. I decided pre op not to do a block and I'm glad I didnt! I started physical therapy today and was already on the stationary bike for five minutes. I feel like I'm already making progress! I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll continue to update with my experience.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Hello everyone ! I'm three days post-op and so far so good ! The surgeon ended up shaving down my socket and hip, decompressed my anterior inferior iliac spine, put 4 anchors in my labrum and a stitch in one of my ligaments. I decided pre op not to do a block and I'm glad I didnt! I started physical therapy today and was already on the stationary bike for five minutes. I feel like I'm already making progress! I hope everyone else is doing well and I'll continue to update with my experience.

Welcome to the other side! I'm glad they gave you the option for the block. I didn't know I was getting one until I woke up and my leg was numb. It was helpful for pain control, I guess, but mostly was annoying as my leg was just useless. Glad to hear you are doing well!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

cpresson, are you ready? Just a couple of days, right?

Dmlc, how are you feeling?

Hip Redux

Time flies - next weekend is one year!    Seems like forever ago and yet like it was yesterday at the same time.  

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Yay, congrats! I will be 8 weeks on Wednesday and I am chomping at the bit. So ready to do more!

cpresson

cpresson, are you ready? Just a couple of days, right?

Yep, day after tomorrow. Not so worried about the surgery itself--more concerned about recovery. Doc says a mandatory 4-6 weeks on crutches, can't start PT for 6 weeks & it may be 6 months before I'm allowed to run  I know how impatient I've been with recovery in the past, so I'm kinda dreading the next few months.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Whoa, that is crazy. I'm sorry. Did you get the insurance bit worked out?

cpresson

No. Insurance has denied the pre-cert, peer consult & doctor's appeal. The patient appeal is my last hope 

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

No. Insurance has denied the pre-cert, peer consult & doctor's appeal. The patient appeal is my last hope 

Ouch! Fingers crossed.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Good luck today! I will be thinking of you. Update when you can. Smile

cpresson

Thanks; will do! Surgery is at 10am ET so we'll be heading that way in about an hour...

Hip Redux

Thanks; will do! Surgery is at 10am ET so we'll be heading that way in about an hour...

Good luck!

cpresson

Thanks! Surgery is over & I just got home. The doc shaved down the femoral head and stitched up the tear, I guess instead of using tacks. I'll probably know more after my post-op appointment in a week, but there's a little pain around the surgical portals. I was a little sick on my way home, so I was grateful for the barf bag they gave me. I think I'll take a nap until I can take more pain meds--lol.