Time change -- Rock ON!!! (Read 541 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I just noticed that the time changes ("fall back") early in the AM the day of the Grand Rapids marathon...which means an extra hour of sleep!!! Big grin I am really ready for it to get light earlier in the AM, too. Here it is 7:30 and it's still pretty damned dark. I'd be really happy just for it to be light by 7. I have a hard enough time waking up and getting motivated in the AM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

So...could you run the first 10.5k really fast...then sleep for an hour, and run the 2nd 10.5k fast and finish with a great sub 2 hour net time? Yes Good point though zoom2 - Are there any other morning runners having a really hard time getting up these days with the darkness upon us? I can't wait until the time change! Dave

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm not having a hard time getting up - the dogs start whining right at 5:00 regardless of the day of the week. No need for an alarm clock at my house. But, I'll feel a bit safer running in the morning when it's brighter out. I finished my run today at 6:30 CST, and it was still pitch dark out. I'm getting nervous about the colder temps. This Thursday, my next scheduled run date, the 5:30 am temp is only going to be about 38F - very cold for me!! My hat is off to runners in the northern climates!

Robin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good point though zoom2 - Are there any other morning runners having a really hard time getting up these days with the darkness upon us? I can't wait until the time change!
          While it's not dark when I get out on my runs (I have to get my son to school, then run after I drop him off), I don't like getting up an hour before the sun rises...it seriously messes up my day. My weekend long runs have been pretty nice this Fall (I do them in the afternoon), but my mid-week morning runs have often been pretty yucko. I think part of it is being forced to wake-up before I am ready. I have a tough time falling to sleep at night, then in the morning I really struggle to get going. I'm such a night owl. k

~ Sarah Kay

Very cool!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very cool!
              It sure is! Race starts at 8am and I live an hour+ away, so that extra hour is going to be SO appreciated come race day! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay