What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)


Needs more cowbell!

    Here's mine (and backroadrunner's): Wednesday...Rain showers and isolated thunderstorms. Becoming windy. Highs in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 20 mph increasing to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 100 percent. Thursday...Rain and snow showers likely and isolated thunderstorms. Windy...Colder. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Friday...Rain and snow showers likely until midday...Changing to rain in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s. Chance of precipitation 60 percent. Saturday (5k autism race day)...Partly sunny. A chance of rain and snow showers until midday. Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent. See why I wanted to cram my runs this week into the early half of the week.... I don't mind snow, I don't mind rain, I don't mind cold (wind always sucks)...what I mind is ALL THREE at once! Tongue k

    I shoot pretty things! ~

    '14 Goals:

    • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

    • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)


    My dogs are fast, not me

      Compared to you, Kirsten, Memphis isn't too bad. I am hoping its not raining tomorrow morning though. Today: A chance of showers and thunderstorms... mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. West wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Thursday: A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56. Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of rain before 1am. Mostly cloudy, low around 40. Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 45. Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73.
      Robin


      Needs more cowbell!

        Ooh...I'm coming down to TN to run with you--that looks mostly perfect for running! Honestly, I am sick of rain...we have had all the rain we should have had all Summer long in the past couple of weeks. Running in warm rain is kinda fun...running in rain bordering on snow, not so much. k

        I shoot pretty things! ~

        '14 Goals:

        • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

        • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)


        My dogs are fast, not me

          Ooh...I'm coming down to TN to run with you--that looks mostly perfect for running! Honestly, I am sick of rain...we have had all the rain we should have had all Summer long in the past couple of weeks. Running in warm rain is kinda fun...running in rain bordering on snow, not so much. k
          I'm totally wimpy and dreading our winter here. We get a lot of rain, but the temps in the day are usually in the 40's. You'd think someone who grew up in Boston would be tougher about bad weather. I'm going to try to continue to run outside and maybe adjust my work schedule on run days to 7-4 so I can run after work instead of at 5:30 am. If its still to cold/wet for me, there is a 24 Hour Fitness gym literally around the corner from my house that has month-to-month memberships and I'll run on treadmills during the week and outside in the warmest part of the day on the weekends.
          Robin
            Here in the Phoenix area, it's about 80 degrees and sunny right now. Low humidity, as usual. It's not quite as nice as it sounds because of all the pollutants in the air, but it sure beats pouring rain and wind and frozen toes.
              Just add darkness and you've got a total crap-fest. Well at least saturday sounds not terrible for that 5K no? Here (Boston) it's cloudy and windy with the rain coming tonight...since I missed this morning's big midweek run due to a sick baby (would have been a nice morning too!), I am debating whether to do a hard 9 in the dark, cold, wind and rain tonight or in the dark, cold, wind and rain tomorrow o'dark early. Leaning toward tonight to ensure I get it done, in case the baby is up all night again. Then, if the baby is NOT up all night I can still add an easy jog in the dark, cold, wind and rain tomorrow morning. Good times. Ah, well, runners run.

              Runners run.


              Needs more cowbell!

                Here in the Phoenix area, it's about 80 degrees and sunny right now. Low humidity, as usual. It's not quite as nice as it sounds because of all the pollutants in the air, but it sure beats pouring rain and wind and frozen toes.
                No doubt...I'm really wishing I had trail shoes, right now, but I'm very thankful that I bought a couple of pair of midweight Smartwool socks recently--I'm going to need them by tomorrow. Speaking of, these are images I don't want to see in our NOAA forecast: and We're currently under a severe wind advisory, too...hrmmm.... Do the pollutants in the air bother you less in the Winter months? k

                I shoot pretty things! ~

                '14 Goals:

                • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

                • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)


                Needs more cowbell!

                  Just add darkness and you've got a total crap-fest. Well at least saturday sounds not terrible for that 5K no?
                  Yeah, Sat. should be pretty decent...for my shortest run of the week, LOL! Tongue Man, I can't even imagine finding the gumption to run with bad weather AND a little baby to contend with. I could barely find the will to get a shower every day for about the first year! Wink k

                  I shoot pretty things! ~

                  '14 Goals:

                  • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

                  • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

                    Do the pollutants in the air bother you less in the Winter months?
                    The pollution is actually worse in the winter. Phoenix is in a valley and if it doesn't rain, all the crap in the air just gets trapped where people live and work and run when the hot air rises. In the summer it's typically a bit windier and the wind patterns are different, so the stuff gets blown out. At least that's my layperson's understanding of it! I just make sure to check the ozone advisories and if they say the air is going to be awful I'll try to get out early in the morning to save my lungs.


                    Needs more cowbell!

                      Ahhh...we get those "ozone action days" during the Summers, here...when it is really hot and humid (high heat index days). That's when we have still air in these parts. k

                      I shoot pretty things! ~

                      '14 Goals:

                      • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

                      • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

                        We have the Ashland Wisconisn Marathon this Saturday (8.5 hour drive) and here is the forecast: Wednesday 38° F | 26° F Snow 90% chance of precipitation Thursday 34° F | 26° F Snow 70% chance of precipitation A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CDT THURSDAY. SNOWFALL OF 6 TO 9 INCHES IS EXPECTED ACROSS MAINLY NORTHERN PARTS OF ASHLAND AND IRON COUNTIES IN THE SNOW BELT TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY. INLAND AREAS WILL SEE LOWER AMOUNTS. MORE SNOW IS EXPECTED THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY Cry Cry :~ Friday 41° F | 27° F Snow Showers 70% chance of precipitation Saturday – Race Day 44° F | 26° F
                        "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan


                        Needs more cowbell!

                          Sam...brrrr.... This is certainly unseasonably cold for this early in Fall. Makes me fear that we're in store for a really brutal Winter. k

                          I shoot pretty things! ~

                          '14 Goals:

                          • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

                          • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

                            Snow? Did somebody say snow? I haven't seen that in a few years! You guys should come on down to sunny NC! Big grin

                            Roads were made for journeys...

                              We have a similar forecast here on the other side of the lake Smile Tonight Chance of Snow Tomorrow a high of 39 and chance of snow Friday High of 45 and chance of snow brrrrrrrr i learned my lesson today.. I'm definately wearing a hat and gloves tommorrow Big grin And I found out the darn city turned the water fountain off on me Sad


                              Needs more cowbell!

                                We have a similar forecast here on the other side of the lake Smile Tonight Chance of Snow Tomorrow a high of 39 and chance of snow Friday High of 45 and chance of snow brrrrrrrr i learned my lesson today.. I'm definately wearing a hat and gloves tommorrow Big grin And I found out the darn city turned the water fountain off on me Sad
                                Oh, that seems early to shut off a BUBBLER (wink, wink...Cheesehead language)! This wintery weather sure seems to have hit early this year--seems like I was running in some heat only a month ago!

                                I shoot pretty things! ~

                                '14 Goals:

                                • 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

                                • 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)