What Restaurant Chain Makes the Best Burger (Read 423 times)

If three locations qualifies as a chain, my vote is for Blue Sky. There are two here, and one (maybe two?) in Lubbock. They make their own buns, and they serve battered & fried green chile strips. Yum!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Other then at local cafes, I never order burgers anywhere except fast food restaurants.  My favorites are Sonic and Wendy's.

I think Sonic's burgers are kinda bad, but I get the occasional craving for a Sonic #1.  That's the one with mayo.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yet you are telling me to drive 500 miles to get a Culvers burger.

Yeah, I was gonna ask about that.  I like Culvers.  I will bike three miles for one.  I don't think they have a veggie burger.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Culver's does a veggie burger although it is nothing special.

#artbydmcbride

Can we talk about poutine now?

Never!!

Runners run

Wing

Joggaholic

If three locations qualifies as a chain, my vote is for Blue Sky. There are two here, and one (maybe two?) in Lubbock. They make their own buns, and they serve battered & fried green chile strips. Yum!

Well in that case I would throw in Hopdaddy. Weird fancy burgers (fits the Austin stereotype) but they are pretty good.

Imminent Catastrophe

Culver's does a veggie burger although it is nothing special.

Veggie burger...nothing special. Thanks, Captain Obvious.

BTW: FourBurgers in Boston. Local grass-fed organic beef (or a wild salmon burger if you prefer), local brews. Only 2 locations but it's awesome. Boston Common.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Some folks out there do make great veggie burgers...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I like Checkers best with Five Guys a close second.  Five Guys win with the fries.

Never had an In n Out Burger.

steph  

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

In-n-Out.  That's what a hamburger's all about...

Feeling the growl again

Some folks out there do make great veggie burgers...

Is elk veggie?

The whole veggie burger thing escapes me.  Vegetables are wonderful in their own right.  Cramming them into a product created with meat in mind seems almost a waste.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Veggie burgers are just a convenience. If I am out with my fam and we stop at some random fast food restaurant, the veggie burger means I can eat with them. They also happen to taste good (in some cases, but certainly not all). Are they a meat substitute? Naw. But they make life easier.

My wife and I went to Smashburgers once. Our burgers were half beef and half salt. We both have a fairly big taste for salt, but these burgers were more than we could handle. No one else in the restaurant seemed to be looking at their own food strangely. So either our burgers were messed up, or the other people were even more addicted to salt than we are.  We haven't been back.

Well, I did *NOT* heed your advice and went to a Smashburger tonight for the first time.  Salt, salt, salt, salt, salt!  So I would say that your experience was not unique.

It's been over 1/2 hour since I finished it and I can still taste the salt.

If I go there again, I wil not be having a burger.  They do have some pretty good looking chicken things though.

But it wouldn't surprise me if it was salty.

Jeff

A Saucy Wench

Is elk veggie?

The whole veggie burger thing escapes me.  Vegetables are wonderful in their own right.  Cramming them into a product created with meat in mind seems almost a waste.

I dont like the grain and veggie style burgers.  Or the soy- let's pretend we are beef- burgers.  But spicy black bean burgers with avocado on top are worthy of their own category of foodstuff.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Village people

I dont like the grain and veggie style burgers.  Or the soy- let's pretend we are beef- burgers.  But spicy black bean burgers with avocado on top are worthy of their own category of foodstuff.

+1 i like the idea of a burger. The bun, some hot patty thing lettuce and lots of condiments. i have some premade in the freezer and they are easy to toss on the grill.