Garmin Forerunner 201 (Read 1521 times)

eric :)

Can any of the information from the 205/305 be downloaded onto this training log? This has to be one of the best ones to work with (log wise) and i would hate to have to switch if I wanted to track all my workouts from the garmin.
    I've been thinking about adding this capability. I might squeeze this in before the next major project. The only thing is, I don't have a Garmin to try things out. Technically, I don't need one to get it to work, but I would like to get one to have the complete user experience, starting with downloading the data off of the GPS.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin Big grin Big grin Sounds like you've just gotten yourself a good excuse to go shopping!!!

Roads were made for journeys...

vicentefrijole

Is Eric dropping hints for a birthday gift? HAHA. Wink If you put Garmin Forerunner compatibility into this site, I might just have to name my firstborn after you! (or maybe just a pet) Big grin
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

d
            Can any of the information from the 205/305 be downloaded onto this training log? This has to be one of the best ones to work with (log wise) and i would hate to have to switch if I wanted to track all my workouts from the garmin.
            I agree with this is the best log site around!!!! I use the Garmin to collect information (time, splits, avg heart rate, max heart rate, distance, etc) and then "report" that info to my "New Run." It would be nice if I could just plug the Garmin in and download the info here, but I still get the info I need and log it here. Did that make sense and did I answer your question? I had a late cup of coffee this afternoon and it doesn't feel like I'm making sense. Confused
            "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
              Thanks for the feedback! I'm loving this site and I wouldn't want to switch over to another log just because I bought the Garmin to be able to use all the data you get out of it. Looks like I'll have to manually input until Eric can perform his magic and add it in.
              Run long, run strong
                well, even as frugal as I've been since the birth of my two daughters, I went out and bought the forerunner 305! If I wasn't traveling so much for work, many times overseas, I wouldn't of done this, but I think having it will help me get out of the fitness center when traveling and hit the pavement (which is oh so much better than the treadmill in a closet-sized fitness room). I'll be out of town the next three weeks, so I'm sure I'll learn quite a bit about it in a short amount of time!
                Run long, run strong
                vicentefrijole

Sounds great! I'm also about to take a trip (to the UK) with mine. Can't wait to try it out on the narrow lanes of Cornwall! Have fun with your new toy! Big grin
                    Whereabouts in U.K.? I will be in Swindon next week and the end of September (also London that time) and have not run there yet (just a lot of walking!). Now that I have this, I'm really looking forward to gettin in some miles. I've contacted the Serpentine Running Club there and got a list of some of their group runs on the weekends that I may do with them.
                    Run long, run strong
                      FYI, I've started a user group specifically for GPS training. I thought this would make it easier to have all the info on these devices in one place. It's called 'GPS Running', under training groups.
                      Run long, run strong
                        FYI - Garmin sent me a replacement 201. Cost me $59 US. Looks new and works great. I am happy now. Ken